“Comfortable Place to Stay”

Residence Inn Melbourne
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This hotel is comfortable and convenient to downtown Melbourne. Great full breakfast, free parking and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had thought I left some clothes behind when I checked out and they were very helpful and phoned me back. They checked with the next guests staying in the same room. Many guests were staying there with their dogs. Also, many young kids with a group. The hotel gave us excellent restaurant recommendations. Would stay there again if in Melbourne.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you want quiet. Many kids were staying there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Good Day!

Thanks for the great review! You must have been here the weekend of the Thespian Competition. That is always a fun filled weekend.

We appreciate your patience with them.

Thank you again and we hope you visit our property again.

chiara.kafer@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Melbourne

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I love Residence Inn but this one was not the best. The first think that hit me as I walked down the hallway was the odor. It wasn't better once I got in my room. My wife had to spray the room. I would not recommend it for anyone traveling highway 95. It is quite a distance from the freeway.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Good Day!

Thank you so much for your input. We are in the process of researching this and want to thank you for letting us know.

chiara.kafer@marriott.com

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Even though this Residence Inn did not offer a manager's reception at night, my stay was exceptionally pleasant with a spacious suite, wonderful breakfast buffet, and extremely professional staff on board. My only complaint would be that most of the area's restaurants were located approximately four miles towards I-95 and were not within walking distance.
Overall it is a great location with a Publix across the street and a historic district near by with specialty locales for dining.

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floors were extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ladd298
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordiantor at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderul remarks about out Residence Inn property. I will pass on your wonderful coments to our team. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience our local areas of interest.

We hope to see you soon!

Happy Holiday!
Proeprty Coordinator

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on business. I usually try to stay at a Residence Inn when I am away. This one is different than others I have been to. I noticed they don't offer dinner Monday through Thursday like many other Residence Inns I have stayed at. Coffee is not available 24/7 in the lobby like most others.

One thing I did not like was my room was located in the rear corner of the hotel and I was woken up several times very early in the morning by the garbage truck emptying the dumpster. I also would like to note that the ottoman in my room was very worn to the point where the vinyl/leather material was cracking all over.

I just checked my credit card and I was apparently charged a small fee for some incidental I assume. I am not sure what exactly I was charged for and it is not worth my time calling to find out as it is a small amount. Another thing is the tv channels are very basic channels, I would say less than 20 channels total and most of them are news channels.

If I ever have to return to Melbourne for work I will probably stay at another hotel just because of the lack of tv channels and the odd charge on my credit card. One other thing I would like to mention is that the staff was very friendly but the staff alone won't make me return to a hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PAB111111
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Good Day!
Thank you so much for your input on how we can improve our property. It is guests like you that help with your comments, whether good or bad.
We strive to make each guest experience a wonderful stay from Check in to check out.
I understand that when traveling you expect an experience to remember and I apologize you did not get that during your stay here.

In regards to the “odd charge”, our standard operating procedures are that we authorize the credit card at check in for room and tax and then an additional $20 for incidentals daily. If the odd charge is still showing on your account please reach out to me.

We are in the process of replacing the ottomans and in 2014 will have a new cable system that will provide an increase in the number of channels. We encourage you to please try us again in the New Year! If you do return please let me know personally so I can make sure you get a great room away from the back of the hotel.

Chiara.kafer@marriott.com

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to all of the area attractions , my wife and four year old grandson stayed from Friday to Monday, and had a wonderful stay. The front desk was one of the most friendly groups of people I've had the pleasure to meet. From directions to great places to eat, they were on the money.
We had a 1 bedroom w/king and a sleeper, very comfortable small kitchen large fridge. the pool was warm and very relaxing. Over the weekend they had a soccer and cheerleader groups in the same time not a problem .

Room Tip: room 508 was great you looked out at the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kellygrandpa
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Good Day!

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments.
We strive to make every guest moment memorable and I am glad we were able to do that for your family.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here with coworkers on a recent business trip to Melbourne, FL. Residence Inn is an excellent choice for business travelers and this one in Melbourne, FL is no exception. I had a nice room with kitchen and work desk, plus free Internet access via either wired Ethernet or WiFi connection. On top of that they had two nights of receptions with free food and drink (including wine and beer) plus daily free breakfast. The grounds of the hotel are well-kept and they had a pool as well as gym, but I didn't get a chance to take advantage of these facilities, but they looked nice and functional. There's also a computer and printer in the lobby where I could print boarding passes the night before my departure. From my perspective, this was a perfect choice for a stay in Melbourne, FL. It's also close to the airport, yet just a short drive from the old town Melbourne and the Melbourne beach.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lnbtravels
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Good Day!

I am so glad you had such a great experience while visiting our hotel while you were her on business. We strive to make every guest moment memorable, so I am glad you agree!
I will pass on your great comments to our team!
We hope to see you again, whether for business for fun! (hopefully to use the pool this time)

Thankl you,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a great place. Upon arrival we were given a small plastic token devise that the guest would place in a slot, the token wold drop down and where ever it landed you got a prize. My wife dropped the token and we wound up with an additional 1,000 Reward points along with the points for the nights stay. Upon arriving at our room I found a letter from the General Manager addressed to me, welcoming me to the facility and thanking me for being a Rewards Club member. I know this is probably given to every guest but it is nice to be recognized. The room itself was very nice, comfortable bed with plenty of pillows and fresh smelling sheets. Coffee pot along with coffee for the next morning. Breakfast was your typical Marriott fare but other chains don't even bother with anything but cereals and danish. Both my wife and I got a great nights sleep with no traffic noises. The only complaint we had, and this is not the Marriott's fault, is the lack of dinning in the immediate area. We will definately return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim P
ChiaraKafer, Property Coordinaotr at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Good Day!

Thank you so much for you kind words. I will pass the great comments to our team!
We hope to see you sagain soon!