“Not My Favorite Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Melbourne
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Suburban Maryland
“Not My Favorite Residence Inn”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Usually, I enjoy being a guest of Residence Inn. I've been to properties so generous that they helped me complete a pot of chili by sourcing ingredients from their own kitchen.

The evening receptions were parsimonious, at best. Breakfasts equally disappointing. Coffee only available at breakfast, or evening meals.

Check-in was nightmarish. There was an extra $20 per night fee tacked on for “incidentals” yet to occur. I have *never* encountered this fee on previous stays at Residence Inns. Equally off putting was the occasion of a purchase from the market pantry. The item was purchased with a twenty dollar bill. The front desk clerk took the bill and held it up to the light before giving me my change. If checking bills is policy - something more professional should be implemented such as use of black light, and posted warnings about which denominations will be spot checked.

The low slung furniture made my stay eqaully as uncomfortable as the callousness of the front desk staff. Friends and colleagues await my bubbly stories of experiences at Residence Inn.
This stay was a huge disappointment. While not soured on the brand - my next trip to Melbourne will be spent elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Our sincere apology for your less than acceptable stay as we pride ourselves on getting it right the first time, every time. Our Team prides itself on efficient check-ins, but we will relook at your particular issue. As for the $20 psr night for incidentals, that is an outgrowth of Dodd-Frank and the new Banking procedures. Our Social Events are set up to be Social in nature and are not met to be a full meal or a substitute for dinner. Whereas, our Breakfast is quite extensive and we do rotate a different main item every day so as to give our guests a different option daily. To conclude, I have a lot of confidence in our Product and our Team, as most all our reviews are excellent or better.....and hope you'll give us a second chance next time you visit the Space Coast.

Jim L. Ridenour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed only one night in this hotel but it was very comfortable. Perhaps somewhat of an awkward location for a large hotel (there's a nearby stand-alone Sears, and a Publix across the street) but I think it added to the comfortable feel. The room was clean as expected, complimentary breakfast was very good, and they have a single computer with internet at the front which helped us navigate the iffy weather during our trip. Hotel staff were very nice. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotel was spotless despite the furnishings and decor being a bit worn. Beds were however very comfortable. Nice spacious rooms. Breakfast was good. Staff was nice. Only problem with our stay was that people went to smoke on a patio just outside the pool. It definetly made the pool experience less enjoyable.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The place is filled with art decor, very pleasant colors on the walls, ultra modern facilities with a free extra rolling bed for my son. Comes in single bed and 1 bedroom king unlike other residence inn that has 2 queens. Food is excellent as always. Pool is small but clean.

Room Tip: pleasant atmosphere, very vibrant wall paint, granite kitchen tiles, artsy decors, awesome.
Augusta, Kansas, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We just ended a 3 night stay at this Residence Inn. Absolutely loved everything about it. The staff was very helpful and the room (a King Room with sofabed) was new, fresh, and clean. Plan to stay here again the next time we head to the beach!!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room (6 floors) and don't forget the evening social for a light, quick dinne...
1 Thank angela1601
, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thanks so much for the great review and we are very pleased our "NOW" Team made your stay the best ever. We look forward to hosting you once again when you return to the Space Coast.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 2 nights while on Business trip. Very clean, nice room , great service. I highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank drJ1023
NC
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

This was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. I could live there. It was so clean, and was like having a stylish little apartment instead of a hotel room. The breakfast buffet consisted of a hearty full breakfast with eggs, biscuits, potatoes, the works. I would move in if they would let me. I have never taken a bath in a hotel room; only showers. It was so clean I felt comfortable taking a leisurely bath. Beds are to die for... It is also priced to please. Thank you for the experience in this completely nonsmoking hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends