“OK location and accommodations ...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Melbourne

Residence Inn Melbourne
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
Tampa, Florida
“OK location and accommodations ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

As a Platinum Elite Marriott rewards member and seasoned traveler, this hotel was just OK. For as new as this hotel is, the furniture in the room was well worn, and was need of a replacement. Most Residence Inns have ovens, this one does not. So, that may or may not impact your long or short term stay. The breakfast OK, but I've had better at other Marriott properties. One plus, is the staff is nice and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TampaFLA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I along with our 3 year old daughter (Princess Snow White and Belle) and a 40lb dog stayed in the hotel for 33 days (Feb/Mar 2012)!! Our stay was made so comfortable by ALL of the staff! Everyone is so nice. I cannot begin to say enough about the staff and the accommodations. We even made friends with the people across the hall from us and we are keeping in touch! The full breakfast buffet in the morning is the bomb! You won't be disappointed. They even have snacks out on occasion and have parties on Friday nights. The hotel is also next to Beef O'Bradys which is awesome for cheeseburger wraps or chicken wraps!! The room decor is very nice. Very modern. I definitely recommend this hotel over any others in the area! Thank you to Amanda, Marissa, Shay, Edwin, and Marie!!! I apologize for not remembering everyone's names!! The only negative is the Internet. My husband was frustrated at times because he works from home (hotel). Apparently, the issue is being worked.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alisa608
Pace FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed Sunday through Saturday of last week at the Residence Inn Melbourne. The hotel was PERFECT except for two items....and one of the two is apparently being addressed. The cable TV system does not have HD, but this is being upgraded in the near future according to a response from the manager in another review. The other item was a lack of a canopy over the entrance area. When we checked in on Sunday afternoon the rain was coming down sideways. We had to unload two suitcases, two golf bags and a cooler in the rain. In fact we actually drove around the building looking for a proper hotel type covered entrance before realizing that the entrance to the lobby lacked a covered area. It was an uncomfortable start to what turned out to be a wonderful week. The staff at the front desk, the ladies handling the buffet, the maid service.....all were top notch. Everyday the maid took our dirty dishes out of the sink and washed them in the dishwasher. One night we had a ton of dishes so I ran them through the dishwasher before we left in the morning. That afternoon when we came back to the room the maid had taken the dishes out of the washer and placed them in the cabinet. Very nice.
Guests in the elevators and the buffet room seemed happy and smiling. There's a good, homey vibe about this place that is contagious. We plan on coming back next year at the same time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Los Alamos, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Internet service has over the last decade become an essential service in hotels. We technology adept business travelers have been patient as hotels have come to figure this out, but the "ramp up" time is over. Quality internet service is now as essential as a comfortable bed and a functioning shower. While we like internet to be furnished at no extra charge, paying for it is not so important as having quality service available. This Marriott hotel uses an iBahn provider, with a dual tier offering: free e-mail quality access and paid high speed (1.5Mb/sec) for $29/week. I signed up for the fast internet for $29, charged independently to my credit card.
The actual data rate was less than 1 kbit per second (same rate as the free "e-mail quality" service) and I had to re-register the second day. I demanded and received a refund from iBahn.

The hotel also has their large flat-screen TV's locked into "On-Command" cable service, which disables the customer's ability to connect the TV to a computer to work or play digital content from an external device (PC, DVD player, etc).

So rather than provide services to the traveler to suit the traveler's needs, this has become a "my way or the highway" experience, not a "Burger King" experience. I am happy to have cable TV in the room, but object to being constrained to the Hotel's offerings.

Irina, the manager, explained that they are changing from iBahn to ATT service, but that the TV lockdown is corporate policy for Residence Inns.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BizTravelerRT66
JimRidenour, General Manager at Residence Inn Melbourne, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Appreciate the opportunity to respond to our less than acceptable High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) issue as well as our HDTV issue. We are in the process of upgrading our HSIA from wire to fiber and that upgrade should be completed in the next 15 days. This upgraded capability will give us a constant 10 MBS with an added burst capability to 40 MBS via on demand. In sum, additional Bandwidth is a very good thing these days. As for our HDTV issue, the TVs were new in 2008 when we opened; however, they are now out-of-date, just like our HSIA and we will be upgrading them in the future to give our guests full functionality with their Laptops and/or Tablets. We do not yet have a definite date for the HDTV upgrade. To conclude, we are doing everything we can to keep up with the newest technologies, and even with a good plan, we know we are going to come up a tad short as it is near impossible to keep pace with all the new capabilities and technologies that hit the market place daily. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to this complaint and look forward to our guest's using our upgraded HSIA in a couple weeks.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed one night while visiting family. The rooms are beautifully decorated, well maintained and extremely clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent, hot and fresh. The beach was just a short drive, a few minutes at most. I was very impressed with the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara1106
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed there last weekend to attend a Antiques show in Melbourne that I was doing. Check-in was a breeze & I was greeted as a member. (Do join if you travel alot!). When I mentioned I was staying there since I was doing the show, the lady asked me to bring some cards & such for hotel guests to take during the weekend. And they were sitting there right at check-in when I came back each evening from the show.

Room is exactly how the other people have photographed it. Modern, extremely clean & huge. I had a studio & it was more than big enough for me. I brought items to cook since it would save having to eat out on New Haven Ave which I knew would be busy during the Season (means when the snowbirds come down from the Northern states & Canada for the winter).

Because you can cook, there is a Publix grocery right across the street. Just don't burn anything or risk the fire alarm going off.

I had a terrific time staying here & going to stay here for all future Antique shows in Melbourne.

Room Tip: None - all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cassie4486
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I booked a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom room in Melbourne mid-December for my mom and I when attending my son's graduation in Melbourne. (Was expecting a couple other family members to attend but at last minute they could not.) We could not have been happier with this room. It was so nice to have the second bathroom for each of us getting ready. I could hardly get my mom to leave this hotel to continue our travels to beachside because they staff at the front desk were so helpful and kind all the time. We loved the patio area outside and the attractive palm trees and plants by the pool. We enjoyed the breakfast and that coffee was nearly always available in the lobby. The living/dining area was comfortable for entertaining or just eating/watching tv. This was my second stay here and it is close to shopping, FIT and restaurants as well as just a short ride to the beach. You have a great staff here because the rooms are clean and the front desk staff is exceptional.

Room Tip: I hear from the higher floors if you are facing the ocean you will have a view. Lower rooms on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family