“Great View”

GreenLeadersBronze level
GypsyinGypsum
“Great View”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I'm a HIlton Diamond, so I got an upgrade to a great ocean view room. It was fabulous. There are some things that are dated, but the hotel overall is in good shape. The people at the front were really friendly. The breakfast was good, but the coffee was bad. We only stayed one night but it was very nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Bermuda
Reviewed December 30, 2010

This was our first stop on our Florida road trip and we only stayed one night before heading off to Kennedy Space Center. The children loved the beach and pool and enjoyed looking for shells. Our plan had been to go out to dinner but we were having so much fun at the hotel we ended up staying by the pool. Room was nice and the view was beautiful. We had opted to pay $25 for an upgrade to a suite if one was available on check in and it was well worth the upgrade for the extra room. The bellman was really friendly and very helpful as were the front desk staff. If we were ever driving by again we would stay again but I can't imagine spending more than a couple of nights there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2010

After 8 some odd hours of traveling I was looking forward to relaxing in my online reserved king bed non smoking room. I even let them know online that I would be arriving late in the evening to allow for easy check in. Upon arrival around midnight I talked to the lady at the front desk and she tells me all they have available is two double beds. The very tired me was irrated but took it dispite knowing it would not fit my wife and I in one bed. I couldn't believe that they gave my room away. I was told I could take it or walk to the Double Tree to check for a room there. PS the Double Tree is almost 1 mile away and I was suggested to "walk" there. So we went up to the room and settled in as best we could, I was way to irrated to sleep so I proceeded back downstairs to voice my irratation. The lady could not do anything for me, or "would not" do anything for me, so I returned to my room nothing changed (just some steam blown off). The next morning I walked down and talked to Irene at the front desk who told me that they would give me $50 of my first night stay and get me into a king bed room. That was fine with me and I accepted those efforts put forth.

Past that the condition of rm #2202, the porcelain commode top was cracked in half, and had been glued back together. The commode had problems refilling with water and the hand towels were tattered, worn and had large discolorations on them.

This room was FAR below my expectation of what ANY Hilton should be and I will not return.

The next room we were given was nicer, but everytime the toilet flushed on a higher floor the water rushing down the piping could be heard throughout the whole room (loudly).

Both beds in each room lacked comfort. I had a better night sleep at a Comfort Inn later that week.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank tgro
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear tgro,

I would like to first apologize for the obviously less than stellar experience you had during your stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach,a dn I want to thank you for your response. Only with feedback from our guests can we become better at what we do and provide the best experience possible. It is our goal to provide each guest with an experience that will bring that back and have them recommend us over and over again, we certainly did not meet those expectations in your case. As our room types are guaranteed at time of booking, we have systems in place to ensure we can do just that, but at times, there are circumstances that cause us the inability to meet that expectation. In sold out situations where a guest extends their stay can put us in a very difficult position with arriving guests if we are out of that room type for arriving guests. In most instances, we can find a way to work it out, but in your case we really had no alternative, and I must apologize. As far as the condition of the room, I ahve addressed this with our Chief Engineer to ensure that room is on his immediate list for review to rectify that situation.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you would consider us again as I know you will not run into that situation again.
woodbridge
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I was here for a wedding in mid november 2010 - hotel's location is ridiculously good - right on the beach - with outstanding views.

I am a hilton gold member so I was upgraded to a suite - however, I did see the normal rooms and they were big enough for a couple or with 1 kid - the suites are huge -

service was great as well.

only one issue - bathtub didn't drain all that well so I had to pull the stopper out.

other than that, I highly recommend the hotel, the location makes it worthwhile

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Washington, DC
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Extremely favorable stay. Property is very nice, with good size rooms with a balcony and refrigerator. Property is either new or recently refurbished. Property is right on the beach and also includes an outdoor pool. A well equipped fitness center is also provided. There is a business center, with one computer offering free internet access – I never had to wait even though there was only one computer. There is a bar and restaurant. I had breakfast at the restaurant and it was a standard Hilton buffet – good, but not exceptional. The bar was fun due to the bartender. Even the gift shop was a cut above the standard hotel gift shop as it had a nice area of locally themed items.
The distinguishing quality of this hotel was the staff. All were very friendly, professional and efficient.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Fairfax VA
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Nice hotel, helpful staff. (Ex: asked for a bicycle to get some exercise, and while they didn't have one, they knew exactly where to get one - which is better than some pricier hotels I've stayed in recently!) Only complaint is that when I come into the room, the light switch by the door doesn't do anything - and it was hard to find a switch that turned on a light.

Buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant was reasonably good, and price was moderate for a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed October 23, 2010

While imperfections are present this hotel and its staff will do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. While some problems occurred they were not to extreme and the hotel and its staff made up for it entirely. Our dinner was EXCELLENT even tho i notice some complaints and if u are not a fan of hotel dining then there are plenty of near restaurant/bars to better serve you. Thank you Hilton of Melbourne for making a large chain hotel seem like the service youd expect from a bed & breakfast. Will definitely return. Oh and the view was AMAZING .. best ever. Turn off lights at night and keep the baby turtles from going extinct. If you can complain about that then you should not be given a right to speak about anything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!