“Perfect location right on beach will return.”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Myself and my wife stayed here 2/4/10 to 2/11/10. Delighted we picked the hilton. had a great stay everything was near. you could walk to the walmart (5 minutes) honkey tonk bar (lous blues) 2 blocks away . Lovely staff, great little pool with outside bar. Beach perfect althought too cold in feb to swim. (TIP: buy beach beds in walmart only 20 dollars as u will be charged 20 dollars a day by hotel.) Found a little eaterie about a mile or so away call the BLUEBERRY MUFFIN all the locals go there as the food is great and freshly cooked. the mall is about 5 miles away but has plenty of shops. Lowes is about a mile away and the home depot is about 6 miles away. anyway i cant recommend this hotel and Melbourne beach enough.book now. p.s. i have no vested intrest in this hotel, i am just a tourist.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank joeandterriroche
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

On behalf of the staff and management of the Hilton Melbourne Beach I would like to thank you so much for staying with us, as well as letting everyone know what a wonderful experience you had while here in Melbourne. We hope that the next time your travels bring you here that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

We decided to stay here for two nights/three days to celebrate the end of 2009 and the start of 2010.

Check in was a breeze and the ladies at the front desk were friendly and professional.

Our room, they said, was in the newer section on the 5th floor. We had a small balcony with a view of the ocean, just above the pool. Perfect for us!

The room had a very comfortable queen bed (would have rathered a king), but we liked that we were the very last room and didn't want to risk asking to be moved for fear we might not like it as well, so we lived with the queen bed just fine.

The pillows, however, were so comfortable it was difficult to sleep. Guess we are not use to the soft, feather type pillows.

While I was a bit disappointed the room did not have a soaking tub, the shower was very large and the large rain style shower head (located on the ceiling) was perfect!!

The bathroom was well appointed, and the room, in general was very tastefully decorated. Nicer than most hotel rooms.

We had made reservations for their New Years Eve party and were really not quite sure if we would like the sit down dinner type of event, but we had a very enjoyable evening. The tables were set for ten, and as luck would have it, we selected the perfect table for us. The other folks at our table were right around our age and we had a blast the entire evening.

The food slow to arrive, but once it did, we were all pleasently surprised. Everything was delicious!

I woke up in the middle of the night with a full blown cold, so the rest of our stay was spent watching tv and enjoying room service. The food delivered was exceptional.

This hotel is doing a lot right. Very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Islandsue
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2010

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that you come back sooner than later.

Reviewed January 12, 2010

My husband made arrangements to stay at this hotel for my 40th birthday celebration. Our stay was excellent. Front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming. In particular, the night front desk manager was helpful on the first night when we had to move to a different suite as there was a crying baby next to our room. Once that was rectified, there were no other problems (though a crying baby is not the hotel's fault).

Our room was a junior suite with a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was very clean and well appointed, what one would expect of a Hilton resort. The bed was very comfortable. We couldn't beat the proximity to the beach. I felt that I could fall out of bed and be on the beach. The beach was very clean and beautiful.

We ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast. Service was excellent and the food was very good; always hot and fresh.

What I liked about the hotel location was the fact that Melbourne Beach seemed a bit more sleepy than other areas we have experienced in Florida. It had a small town feel that we really liked. I also thought that the location was perfect for exploring other areas along the coast, like Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (where we spent a day) and Cape Canaveral.

The next time we visit this area (which we hope will be sometime soon) we will certainly stay at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank InternationalTrvl

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to host your Birthday Celebration. We strive to make every guest experience one to remember, and I certainly hope we did in your case. I will be sure to pass your comments to our staff as a job well done.

We hope to see you again next year same time. Happy Birthday!!

Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront for four nights in late December. Due to an uncharacteristic cold snap, we didn't get to enjoy the beach, the ocean, or the pool, but we still enjoyed our stay immensely.

This hotel had been remodeled in recent years, and they did so with great attention to detail. The result is a very modern hotel room with appointments worthy of the Hilton name. I will say that I was surprised that it had an old-style "tube" television, but it was still a decent picture. And pay movies were between 12.99 - 14.99, which is quite a lot... but hey, in both cases, these are easy things to overlook. Who the heck stays in a beachfront hotel to watch movies on television, no matter HOW chilly it is outside?

Nicely decorated rooms with comfortable beds, and a bathroom with granite appointments (and a tub with shower massage) were completely up to and beyond our expectations. The restaurant food and service was excellent, and they kept the pool bar open past dark despite the cold temparature and the fact that nobody else was out at the pool. This just shows that they're willing to go the extra mile!

One of the nicest things about this hotel is the shuttle service which runs between the Hilton and the Doubletree suites which sit a little further south along the beach. On call and readily available, the shuttle took us to a nearby Raw Bar (Bunky's) and was there five minutes after we called for it. Did I mention that the shuttle is free? For a small town that lacks for public transportation, this absolutely rocks.

In summary, amazing stay for a reasonable price. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FunJunkies95

Thank you so much for your response regarding your stay. We certainly appreciate the accolades, and I will be sure to pass your comments to our staff.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2009

We'd chosen this hotel specifically for R&R & stayed here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving week. We were very pleased with the spacious junior suite we had booked & the fabulous views it afforded.

The suite was not contemporary but that didn't worry us. It was light & airy with fabulous floor to ceiling windows, very clean, with a very comfy bed, dining table & 4 chairs, sofa, coffee table, plenty of storage & various lamps for soft or higher lighting.

Our balcony was stand alone, no room for any furniture so do be careful when booking what you actually require, it's all down to personal taste. The south tower balconies accomodated furniture. We wanted a junior suite which came with narrower balcony.

The breakfast which we partook of the first morning only of our stay was good. We thoroughly enjoyed the Thanksgiving buffet, a real feast with such a variety of dishes & all so novel for us Brits - a highlight of our US holiday.

The restaurant 'Sun On The Beach', a mile & a half northbound (walkable depending on how hungry you are), is great for breakfast, & then a good walk back again all along the shore watching the fishermen, pelicans, herons & ibis is great way to spend a morning.

Some of the staff were delightful, warm & friendly with helpful tips when we were going out & about.

We didn't take our laptop knowing that we could check emails & check in for flights etc using the hotel's business centre. This was easily available, but I doubt this would be so convenient when the hotel has a higher capacity of guests. In my opinion a second business centre should be installed as a matter of priority.

After the first night we had several concerns regarding our stay, following our check in the previous evening. These were very satisfactorily addressed & resolved by the manager when we had a meeting with him in the morning. The manager was unaware of any of them until I informed him. Thank you Mark.

I mention this because the issues were promptly addressed & resolved. I believe this is good & proper customer relations, & that the manager of a property should be given the right to address any customer relationed issues, before being posted on a site such as this, which is why I'm saying thanks for sorting & not detailing the issues.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & would be happy to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxy-Popsy
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Thank you so much for your response. We certainly appreciate the fact that you had such a wonderful stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff to ensure they know the great job that they did in making your stay here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach a memorable one. Please be sure to come back and stay with us on your next journey to the states.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

AWAY FROM THE CROWDS OF COCOA BEACH! Without hesitation I recommend the Hilton hotel on Melbourne Beach. The staff is actually happy and happy to serve your every need. Simply put this hotel is four star in my opinion not 3.5. It is only for those looking to get away at a reasonable price and enjoy great service and a top notch hotel room. I was told the entire hotel was rebuilt in 2004 after the last major hurricane. Stay here and you won't regret it! All rooms are ocean view.

On a side note it is a good length drive to Cocoa beach but if its beach, however the pool, beach and bar here is awesome!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank smartswimmer
markwilliams2, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We always share the responses with our team members to show that their efforts really pay off, and this one will really keep them motivated. We strive for perfection, although we are not perfect. We simply want to provide an unforgettable experience. We hope to see you again back at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront again very soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

When I was driving to the hotel I was concerned as Melbourne is a really sleepy beach town this time of year. Once I got there and got inside I was pleaseantly surprise. The inviting lobby and the marvelous room with the ocean front view was awesome. The friendly staff at the front desk was welcoming after a full day of travel. My room in the south tower was very modern with a flat panel TV and a king bed. In addition I had a fridge and a balcony with 2 chairs. The view was spectacular - the ocean was wonderful to look at every morning before my meeting and after in the evening! We had a group event on one of the days I was there and I can only praise the staff for a great job they did. The food was absolutely fabulous! Overall everyone had a great time!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank bkstar00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!