“College bound”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“College bound”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nice room with a great view of ocean. My wife, daughter and I hung out on the beach a full moon night and talked for hours about her becoming a new student at U of M. Beds were great after a long trip. Beach was good to.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Brent I
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Brent I,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased that you had a great time at the beach and that you enjoyed the accommodations at our delightful Hilton Hotel. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels.

At your service,

john.depiro@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I spent two separate weeks here on business, and easily forgot I was working. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. I opted for the king bed with a balcony (ocean view room), and was fortunate to get an upper floor with a spectacular view. The sunset between the towers was amazing. The beach is just past the pool deck, and the tiki bar pool side was nice. You'll definitely want your camera to catch the sunrise in the morning.

The lobby was open and inviting, and the hotel restaurant food and service exceeded my expectations for a hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet was great, and the Wednesday night crab leg dinner was very good.

But a hotel doesn't run without a good staff, and I found the staff to be friendly and exceptional. The one problem I had my second week (power outage knocked out the A/C to my room) was handled quickly and professionally by maintenance and the front desk. The first week, Richie (shuttle driver) went out of his way to jump start my rental car before roadside assistance could get there. The front desk staff was fantastic the entire time.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view of the beach.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Al M
Dear Al M,

Thank you for the very rewarding 5-star review. On behalf of our team, it was our pleasure serving you. We really appreciate all of the accolades mentioned. I was thrilled after reading your comments. “Friendly and Exceptional” says it all about our team, thank you! I was also pleased that our restaurant exceeded your expectations, that you came in and dined on Wednesday night (Crab Leg night), that you were able to enjoy our beautiful sunrise, and that you had a spectacular view of the ocean. We did have a power outage weeks ago that required us to reset several units throughout the building, sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you for your business and testimony. If I can be of service to you in the future, please contact me directly. We wish you safe travels and hope that you will return soon.

Cordially,

Tucson, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Pool, gym, great restaurant, and right next to the beach. The staff are helpful and awesome! The rooms are nice, and most of them have an ocean view. The breakfast buffet has great options. There is a lot to say, but overall I just loved staying here!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

6 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Thank you for the very detailed 5-star review. We loved having you here as well! I was elated that you felt that we had an awesome team and that you enjoyed all of the hotel’s amenities. The Ocean Grille Restaurant is a fantastic option with delicious food and an amazing view. Thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We typically stay at another hotel on the beach but couldn't get a room at the last minute, so we decided to try the Hilton. The lobby is very nice but I noticed walking down the hallway to our room that all the baseboards were pulling away from the wall. The room was average, partially updated but also in need of some painting and additional updating in the bathroom. They only have double beds which doesn't work great with our kid situation but we were aware of that beforehand. The front desk staff was very helpful, getting us an early check-in and a room with a great view on the ninth floor. The staff at the pool bar was also very friendly. We ordered lunch at the pool bar and the food was decent and arrived quickly. I hate to complain given how nice the staff was but there were a couple of issues. Apparently in an effort to get us an early room, the bed sheets didn't get changed and we didn't have enough towels. Housekeeping remedied the situation and again was very friendly and apologetic but at 10:30pm, with two kids who want to go to sleep, it's an inconvenience. In addition to being short on room towels they were out of pool towels both days we were there. I can understand at 2:00 in the afternoon but not at 9:30 in the morning with no one at the pool and only a couple of people on the beach. To sum up, I'd give the staff a 5 for friendliness but the place needs a little maintenance and maybe a little better organization. I'd stay there again but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SMGator89
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear SMGator89,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and we will utilize it to achieve better results in the future. I was glad to see that our team was very friendly and apologetic. I was disappointed that you had a challenge with Housekeeping service and getting pool towels on your way to the beach. We are in the process of replacing baseboards in the south tower due to recent humidity. If I can be of service to you in the future, please call or email me directly at my contact information below. Thank you for your business. Should your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, we hope that you will consider giving us a second chance.

With Hospitality,

(321) 421-1640
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This hotel is nice but it feels a little "country-side" holiday inn type hotel. The airconditioning was a bit old so a bit too noisy. Staff is nice. Location, not convenient, but does have a very nice view - ocean front.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 Thank Yu D
Dear Yu D,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I was both encouraged and concerned after reading your comments. It sounds like you found our team to be accommodating and enjoyed the view of the beach. I would like to apologize for any AC noise issues that you experienced. I would appreciate it if you would update me further on your perception of our hotel. I can be reached at my contact information below. Thank you for your business. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

(321) 421-1640
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2014

from front desk (which i can not say enough good things about) to the bar staff everything was great. beach is nice there but pool is very small and locals come all day long and take chairs which are few esp. on weekends. doubletree didn't seem to have that problem but it doesn't have the nice tiki bar which is very friendly and a lot of fun. the staff makes the hotel

Room Tip: great breakfast buffet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank L2819DPsteved
Dear steveDfw2013,

Thank you for posting your fantastic 5-star review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted after reading your feedback regarding the service that you received at the tiki bar as well as our Front Desk. We do have a consistent challenge keeping non-guests from using our pool area. If you were affected by this, I certainly apologize. I will share this information with my management team. Thank you for your business. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the future.

Safe Travels,

Watrous, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2014

A wonderful, fancy hotel. Very well maintained, friendly staff. Remember to remind the staff that you e-check in ahead of time, otherwise they think you don't have a room. Wonderful view of the ocean, room service is excellent. Hubby surprised me with champagne, which was chilled and very very good. breakfast staff was great in the am and brought me out take away containers. So close to the beach, its just a few feet away. Deck chairs and umbrellas for rental. Tiki bar by the pool.. We will come back but stay longer next time :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank travelusa1113
Dear travelusa1113,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is such a pleasure to receive a review from a Top Contributor such as yourself. I was thrilled that you found our team to be very friendly and the hotel to be well maintained. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed interacting with our breakfast team and that you enjoyed being just steps away from the beach!. Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

john.depiro@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!