“Great views”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great views”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pros: Awesome view, standard clean room, coffee and water in lobby, great breakfast buffet (pricey though), friendly staff, plenty of parking, uncrowded beach
Cons: Ice machine on our floor not working, pool is small and not enough lounge chairs, only 2 towels in the bathroom (I was too lazy to request more), internet service very spotty (did not work more often than it worked), no safe in the room

3 Thank Katy S
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Katy S,

Thank you for reviewing our property. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful beach and restaurant. I'm sorry that there weren't enough towels in your room and that the ice machine was out of order. I have spoken to our Director of Engineering who has assured me that the ice machine has been repaired and is working properly. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will consider staying with us.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Palm Beach Gardens, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk that made us feel welcomed. The hotel is located on the beach with great rooms and friendly hotel staff. Live entertainment at the pool side made the afternoon by the pool/beach such a great time. The room was clean and updated with great ocean view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Nick G
Dear Nick G,

Thank you for your review and your kind words about our staff. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay along with our weekend entertainment at our pool. We look forward to seeing you soon the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little hesitant at first. I am glad we choose to stay here. The rooms were clean and the service was great. The pool was clean. The beach hardly had anyone on it. It was like you had your own private beach. The view from our room was spectacular. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and reasonably priced. The only complaint I had was I thought we had a refrigerator in the room, but was told the other tower had rooms with them and they were all booked. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JaniceD03
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Janice D03,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us on the beach. We look forward to your return the next time you need a beach break.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family stayed in Melbourne Beach in July & initially stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We had a bad experience there & left & came to this Hilton that we noticed as we drove by. We are so happy we did. Unlike the other hotel the service we received here was warm & friendly & the room was clean & comfortable. We were dragging a bunch of things in & the girl at the check in counter asked us if we needed help (unlike the Crowne that didnt offer any assistance). The elevator is across from the front desk & every time we were going up & down we were greeted warmly. Its funny how just a little thing like a smile or great information & just general concern can really make a hotel stay great. The restaurant food was really good as well & the views are amazing. Your staff changed us from Priority Club members to Hilton Honors members. Thanks....we will be back!

Room Tip: we stayed in the main building & enjoyed but I think with the excellent staff it probably doesnt...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank dana d
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Dana D,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. Welcome to the Hilton Family. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We truly have the best on the beach. We look forward to seeing all of you again soon, the next time you need a weekend at the beach.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront this past weekend with friends and have nothing but praise for everyone and everything there. The staff was not only friendly, they were helpful and the most accomodating. We chose this hotel because its pet policy allowed us to bring our large dog rather than leave him home, again. I want to send a special kudos out to the front desk. They helped us straighten out our reservation with the dog and I can not say enough how grateful we are!! Unfortunately for us and others who travel with their pets, the Hilton's policy changed on August 1st. We are very disappointed because this is a hotel that we would definitely come back to. Brevard county seems to be very pet friendly and there is a section of the beach within walking distance, just north of the hotel, where we were able to spend a few hours with the dog.
Our room was on the 8th floor. Large room with comfortable king bed, small sofa and side tables, desk and bureau for clothes. Balcony was for standing only. Great unobstructed view of the beach and the pool. The only thing I heard at night was the roar of the waves crashing on shore. The room was very clean. Large bathroom and shower (wheelchair accessible). The vanity was small but I don't usually keep my toiletries out all over anyway. The shower could have been a little cleaner for me (I scrub with bleach at home...). Visitors who aren't used to the Florida humidity in the summer: keep in mind when you visit a beach hotel that there is constant humidity and it's not uncommon for places on the beach to have a slightly musty smell or have a battle with mold. This Hilton is managing their battle just fine!
We had lunch at the bar by the pool and accessed the beach from there. There are lots of tables to sit and order lunch as well. Wear your flip flops!! The pathway to the beach gets ultra hot in the Florida sun!
Overall I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Gradin2011
Dear Gradin2011,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I will be sure to pass them onto their manager. I hope the next time you need to visit the east coast of Florida that you will stay with us.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Spent 2 nights here in early August 2013. We were put in a room next door to the elevator. VERY noisy! Hallways are extremely noisy! Bathroom floor dirty - hair on the floor from previous guest(s). No linens for the pull out sofa...so couldn't make up that bed. No towels available for going to the pool/beach. Front desk staff seemed nice enough but not overly caring. The location is nice...being RIGHT on the beach. And our room had an ocean view. For the rate we paid, tho, we would've preferred a quiet, clean room. And having the linens for the sofa bed and towels for the beach would've been nice, too. We won't stay here again. We'll find a different hotel on the beach in the Melbourne, FL area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear MC,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I have addressed the issues that you encountered directly with my team. You have my sincerest apologies for the Housekeeping issues, towels, and elevator/hallway noise that you experienced.

We certainly hope that you will give us a second chance. Your business is very important to us. Should your travels take you back to the Melbourne Beach area, please contact me directly at john.depiro@hilton.com.

Kindest Regards,

John DePiro
john.depiro@hilton.com
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My wife and I decided that Melbourne Beach would be a nice place to spend the night before starting our cruise from Port Canaveral. We had noticed this hotel on a previous road trip and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed.

Beginning with the front desk staff at check in, the hotel staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. We chose room service for dinner, which was prompt and the food was quite good. For breakfast, we chose the dining room, which offers both a buffet and table service.

After check out, the 25 mile trip up A1A to Port Canaveral took about 45 minutes, which got us to the ship right as the boarding process was beginning. By 1:30, we were on board and in our cabin.

Room Tip: There are two buildings to choose from. The north tower, where we stayed, is angled a bit, which p...
6 Thank RichmondRoadtripper
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Richmond Roadtripper,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us before starting your cruise. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share them with our management team. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!