“great place stay”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 5, 2013

great place. great staff. I have stayed here many times. great food. great location. only down side is the rocks on the beach. check out doubles bar. good and inexpensive food. they have a shuttle that can take you around. check out squidlips bar. many deals great for lunch

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
6  Thank Jeffrey W
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jeffrey W,

Thank you for your review of our property and your loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you travel to Melbourne. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your return the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,702)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It was our 40th anniversary on June 30th and my sister and mother gave us a night at this hotel. The room was very nice and clean and we had a balcony with two chairs and table which was nice. It rained all afternoon but no one can control the weather. We went to the restaurant for I thought would be a nice meal. I ordered shrimp scampi with angel hair pasta. I arrived with 5 shrimp. I ate one and it seemed tough and no taste. The pasta had no taste what so ever. My husband agreed with me as he tasted it. He ordered a mahi sandwich as nothing else appealed to him . He ate it but said it was fishy which means it was frozen. I send my meal back and they offered something else but I said no thank-you. The breakfast buffet was very nice and our waitress that morning was very, very nice. Disappointed as our anniversary meal was horrible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
John_DePiro1665, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Lynda M,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for selecting the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel. Sorry about the weather. I was very pleased to read that you found the room to be well equipped and clean and that you enjoyed our morning breakfast buffet. I was disappointed to learn that your meal in the restaurant fell short of expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time @ john.depiro@hilton.com if you would like to discuss the details of your recent stay further. Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

John DePiro

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is our local Hilton...we use this hotel regularly for "overflow" for either our guests or those of us who are "in-lawed out"!! It is usually priced far below what I believe is it's worth, and is always up to the Hilton standard. The new wing's south facing rooms have a little more road noise from A1A but are quite sensational, the older wing is still extremely nice but has views to die for!! Oceanfront, pool, poolside bar, hot tub, etc. while not a "destination" hotel, this is a great place to stay. The only issue I ever experienced was a few years back when my 5 year old son and I were eating there for brunch...and I was asked for my driver's license when I presented my Visa card to pay the check. I have never had that happen...and it was shouted throughout the restaurant!! The waitress did have a slight "trailer park" flavor to her presence...and it did indeed turned us off the hotel for a year or two, but last week we came back. She is long gone, the hotel indeed isn't!!

Room Tip: Best views are in the main tower high up, but there really isn't a horrible room in the place!!
6  Thank OnTheBeach321

Dear James B,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that you and your family enjoy staying with us when you get a house full. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience several years ago and thank you for retuning and giving us another opportunity to provide you and your family with great service. We look forward to your family's return.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

It is my birthday July 4th so we like to spend a few days with family at a hotel around that date. Last year we chose Doubletree Cocoa Beach as we had happy memories of a stay there in 2004 but in 2012 the miserable English lady running the Executive Lounge ensured our family would not return.So based on our middle son's experience 2 years ago we booked 3 rooms at this Hilton, and they did our party of 11 proud. The rooms do have oceanview, they do have private balconies, they are fair size, air con works, the hot tub is super hot, pool good size, bars and restaurant staffed with happy folk pleased to serve us; my birthday was recognised in a number of positive ways. Our Diamond status helps of course in these places but we left saying we shall come again. Lifts were fast. Could park close to lifts. Beach access easy.

Room Tip: do you want to sit out? if so take Oceanview otherwise take oceanfront for more sea view
4  Thank gwgMimsFlorida

Dear GwgMimsFlorida,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during the July 4th holiday to celebrate your birthday. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them onto our management team. We look forward to your next birthday visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Husband and I stayed at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront last week, and had an absolutely wonderful time. Convenient one hour drive from Orlando Airport. Free parking a big plus. Hotel is right on the beach, and we got a 10th floor suite that gave us a fabulous view of the Atlantic. We added the Beach Getaway package, which gave us two beach chairs and an umbrella, plus two breakfast buffet tickets each day of our stay, and it was well worth it. Breakfasts were great, tiki bar a nice kitschy touch outdoors, nice bar inside with floor to ceiling windows providing a lovely view, good dinner at the hotel restaurant our first night. Place shows its age, but was very clean. Staff members were excellent across the board, and went out of their way to provide a high level of customer service. We had a great time and would definitely return and recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: Tenth floor corner suite provides a superb ocean view and we opened the sliding door whenever we wer...
7  Thank Gentianvio

Dear Gentianvio,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and used our Beach Getaway Package. It's a great opportunity to just sit back, relax and enjoy the beach and our fantastic view. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them along to our management team. We look forward to your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We go to Melbourne every year for our vacation. We had a blast at this hotel. It is right on the beach. They even offer cribs if you have little ones. The staff was great! You do have to request a refrigarator to be put in your room if you want one when you make your reservation.

Room Tip: Request a high floor! Awesome views!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank JDWDAD

Dear JDWDAD,

Thank you for reviewing our property and for choosing to stay with us during your vacation this year. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit. I will be sure to pass your kind words about our staff onto our management team. Thank you for commenting about them. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again next year when you vacation to Melbourne.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We reserved rooms with King beds, but got there and had to search for rooms close together with kings. Staff was friendly and corrected the problem with what seemed to be the last king rooms available facing the ocean. The room my wife and I got smelled like an ashtray. We also had to request towels as there were none in the rooms, either one of them. The staff worked to correct problems, but then for the money we pay at this hotel I don't expect problems at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
5  Thank Wayne G

Dear Wayne G,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm so sorry that your room did not have towels when you arrived and that your room smelled. That is not the type of service that we provide and I do apologize that happened to you and your family. I have already spoken to our new Executive Housekeeper and he has assured me that this will not happen again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to give you great service and a wonderful stay the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!