“Great ocean view!”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great ocean view!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We are very pleased with our stay here! Excellent service in the hotel from the front desk, restaurant, shuttle driver and especially Jenn the bartender poolside and in the lounge! The beach is fantastic! The only drawback was the maid service. We had a few issues but they were resolved quickly and to our satisfaction! The staff recommended some local places to eat and we have not been disappointed. We will return!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank abcfam3
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear abcfam3,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words about Jenn. She's a great asset to our staff. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to her manager. We look forward to your return the next time you travel to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Huntersville, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I live in NC. My mother lives in Melbourne. She had emergency surgery. I am here to help for as long as she needs me. When I checked in on a Wednesday, I was told that the hotel had no rooms available the following Saturday due to Spring Break. I thought I might have to move out, but checked in anyway. After speaking with Stephanie, the Manager at the front desk, she found a way for me to stay as long as I needed. I really appreciated that!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

A typical large corporate hotel with all the facilities you would expect.

Our room was on the 7th floor, south tower, and was very generous and well appointed, great bed, great shower room, fridge TV etc.

On the night we arrived we ate in the bar, had a very nice meal and the service was excellent. As the review below it was the following day that the sewage smell arrived in the foyer/bar, this rolled on all day and into the following day, not sure why it was not sorted earlier, we would NOT have stuck around in the bar if it had been like that the previous night.

Nice enough pool and direct access onto the huge sandy beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John P
Dear John P,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your meal and service at the bar. I'm sorry that there was a smell during the day. I know that has since been resolved. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The bad: Construction going on at the hotel woke us up every morning. At times sounded like a jack hammer coming through the ceiling. Booked room well in advance and at arrival our room choices were either next to an elevator or a handicapped access room which had hardly any room for our toiletries in the bathroom. Carpet smelled and coffee maker stopped working after 1 cup. Lobby and bar area temperature was kept way too cold. The good: Front desk staff was considerate and apologetic about the construction noise. Beautiful view of the beach from the room and great location for a walk on the beach. Adequate parking. Don't miss eating at the Rum Fire Grill nearby - outstanding food, decor and service.

Room Tip: Ask about the construction dates before booking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MCB55,

Thank you for your review of our property and your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass them on to the managment team. I'm glad that you enjoyed the beach and the view from your room. I hope that you were able to enjoy either a long walk or a great swim.

I'm sorry that you felt the hotel was kept too cold. We're happy to have our Engineering Department make adjustments. I have spoken to our Housekeeping Department about the carpet in your room.

I'm so sorry that the balcony construction disrupted your stay. The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during our required renovations. I'm happy to say that it will be finished this week. I hope that you will come back and enjoy them the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Washington, DC
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for four nights during Spring Training and had a nice stay. I travel for work a ton and prefer the Hilton brand, so I had a nice high ocean view room, but the whole property is fine. One turn off - Fox News playing in lobby. Bad corporate policy to show Fox or MSNBC in public areas - you have to go with the centrist CNN always.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank B G
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear B G,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here along with your room and view while visiting to watch the Nationals' Spring Training Games. We look forward to hosting you again next spring should the Nationals' return to the Space Coast.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Ok hotel, if a bit boring. Some of the balconies are under construction and locked from the outside. The beach is nice enough, the pool pretty standard. It's on a very busy road, but everything in Melbourne seems to be. There is an excellent Cuban restaurant across the street.

The hotel was showing Fox "News" in the lobby. I'm not sure if that's Hilton corporate policy, but it gets the place on the instant boycott list for me.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AMM-Boston
Dear AMM-Boston,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy the selection on our televisions in the lobby area and that's the only reason you would not return to stay with us. It is switched during the day. We're also happy to change the channels upon request of our guests.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Cuban Restaurant across the street. They are one of the best in town for Cuban Food. Our required balcony renovation project will be completed shortly. I hope that you will return to enjoy them and the other amenities that we offer.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We booked 10 days for our honeymoon. We are still here. We are taking a 350.00 loss by checking
Out early we are so sick of it. The lobby smells like sewage. The room is tiny and I feel like I am in a sardine can. There is no counter space in the bathroom but one small sink. We are in a conjoined room with doors leading to other rooms we didnt ask for and can hear people partying in the middle of the night through the doors. When one of our neighbors closes their doors is vibrates our wall and bed waking us up and scaring us its so loud. One morning we went down for breakfast and there was a continental looking breakfast laid out that best western give you for free and I had a paper bowl of fruit loops and a bagel and was charged 20.00!!! The beautiful oceanview balcony is about 1 foot wide all you can do is stand there. No room to sit on your own balcony so that was false advertising. We were so upset knowing we paid almost 2, 000.00 for this crappy room!! The staff were friendly. Everything else was horrible. I will be contacting the manager, every review site,and I will post a full search engine optimized review of this place on my blog for the world to see unless I get a 50 percent refund. Ruined my honeymoon. Thanks Hilton.

Room Tip: See it before you book it!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!