“Great Deception!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Great Deception!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

First of all: IT IS NOT A HILTON STANDARD AT ALL!!!
I don't know how Hilton can keep its name in such a dirty and stinky hotel. We stayed there for 4 nights and it was a great deception. When we entered the hotel there was a bad smell, If you go to the gym you can breath an awful sweat smell like if it had not been cleaned for years. We got to the hotel around 10pm and it was our 1st Anniversary + my wife´s Birthday and I HAD CALLED THEM before to let them know that and nobody gave us any care, even a simple "congratulations" upon our arrival. So, we asked for room service (only 1 burguer, 1 Caesar salad, and 2 Budweisers) and then they charged us US$ 60,00 plus 20% gratuity. What do you think? Without mentioning the guy who delivered the food said when my wife said "that was fast" (the food arrived in less than 25 minutes): "I'm here since 7am and I wanna go home soon"! Then, he opened both beers at the same time and WE HAD NO FRIDGE in the room to keep the another one until I finish the first one. So, other beer got warm.
Half hour after checking-in, around 10:30pm, one guy knocked at our door with a bathroom sanitizer and a few cloth and said: "Here is what you need to clean your bathroom" hahahhhaah
That was unbelievable! And we didn't ask for anything like that.
The A/C was not working in our room and it was really hot (87F inside)!
But, nothing is so bad that can't get worse! The other day we woke up at 9am with a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE noise above our heads. They were remodeling the hotel.
We are Hilton Honnors Members, better saying we WERE Hilton Honnors Members and it was such a bad experience that we are not going to stay at any Hilton hotel ever again, for sure.
And just letting you know: They charged us all rates they were supposed to. 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back? Not at all!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Alemao S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept my sincere apologies that we could not have made your experience more memorable. I can assure you, your experience is not typical nor tolerated. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve in all areas of our operations. I can assure you the poor service you received from Room Service and the housekeeping inconsistencies have all been addressed. Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked an ocean view room. Well, you can see the ocean if you step out onto the balcony and look way to the left, otherwise it's a view of the parking lot and buildings. Also, there are no drapes to pull shut, just sheers. Not very private at night with the lights on. The curtains that are on the windows looks like someone tried to pull them shut and tore them off of the rod. Drawers don't close properly in the bureau. Just old and shabby. Not up to Hilton standard one would expect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rena F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and sharing your suggestions with us on how we can make improvements to our guest rooms and updates to our amenities. I'm sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, during your most recent visit. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will give us another chance to see our improvements.

Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when I had my wedding here in October 2012. This was a beautiful hotel and the service made it even better! The room that we were in was modern and very clean. The pool and surrounding deck were a great place to hang out during the day and they even have a tiki bar out there! And you can't beat the view of the ocean that you get from this property! I had my wedding out on the deck over looking the beach and it was perfect and then had my reception in one of their smaller banquet rooms upstairs since I had a smaller wedding. The food for the reception was delicious and the hotel staff, from the sales department to the waiters, were exceptional. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone for anything from a small vacation to an elaborate wedding!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Sandra1028
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Sandra 1028,

Congratulations again on your wedding! I'm so glad that your ceremony and reception were everything you dreamed of and that you and your family and friends had a great time. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you again when you need a break for the weekend.

Hillsboro, IN
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My room was not up to expectations of a Hilton. My room was shabby, my balcony door wouldn't open or lock, and the manager said they have ordered new ones. There was a dead insect in the bathroom. An electrical problem caused an issue with the air conditioner one night. This caused leakage of water on the floor, which caused odor in the room. I had talked up the Hotel to my friend who was with me, and I was very disappointed. Lovely location on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Suz401,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The comfort, health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and are working with our staff and local pest control company to ensure that the maintenance and bug issues do not continue in the future. We hope you'll give us another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2013

there is alot of construction. we were on the other side, so it didnt affect us. beach is beautiful, pool bar is awesome. only thing was the breakfast wasnt worth the money. wasnt very good. overall was an awesome place and beautiful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dreamcatcher616
Dear Dreamcatcher616,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beach and pool bar. I'm sorry that your breakfast was unsatisfactory. I will be sure to speak with our Chef to let him know your concerns. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne for a weekend away.

Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is immaculately maintained. I was here for a total of 4 nights this past weekend, (2/21-23 and 2/24-26, 2013). The hotel is undergoing some maintenance, such as painting of the exterior and some interior hallways, etc. However, despite the maintenance, everything was perfect. The front desk staff is very helpful, the bell man was very chatty and friendly when helping with my bags, and the room service is PERFECT. The food available from the restaurant downstairs is so delicious! I was really impressed. The pancakes and bacon are great, the fruit plate is HUGE and has a great assortment of fruit, and the Greek wrap and the Cobb salad were delicious as well. I didn't want to ever leave. The views are stunning! I will note that if you stay in the North Tower, there are no refrigerators in those rooms, but was told that you could request one if necessary. If you stay in the South Tower, those rooms have refrigerators. Microwaves are available upon request. I stayed in both towers over the two stays I had there this past weekend and both rooms were great. I enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room to keep my room service leftovers chilled.

Room Tip: North Tower rooms have no refrigerator and balconies there don't have chairs. South Tower rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kellierox
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Kellierox,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Front Desk and Housekeeping Managers. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the meals that you ordered from room service. We do have the best views. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy them and the beach during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a weekend away.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I staid there only for few days and I'm really disappointed, this is why:

1) In reservation I asked for room with ocean view - I got room on the site of ocean but through the window I could see only a wall and at the desk they said there are no other room available.
2) My collogues and me waited over 1 hour for dinner (there were only 2 people more in the hotels restaurant at the moment).
3) Through all my stay house keeping didn't show up even once.
4) Points from the stay weren't added to my loyalty card I have with Hilton.

That was my 2nd bad experience with Hilton chain and I don't use them no more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Zofia K,

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us last July. Your expectation for a clean room and prompt dinner service are not unreasonable and we failed to provide you both during your time here and for that I'm truly sorry. We do have a fabulous view of the beach and the wonderful sunrise. I'm sorry that your room was unsatisfactory. If other rooms are available, our front desk staff is happy to move you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service we're known for if your travels bring you to Melbourne again.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!