“Great location on the beach, but shabby hotel.”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hillsboro, IN
“Great location on the beach, but shabby hotel.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My room was not up to expectations of a Hilton. My room was shabby, my balcony door wouldn't open or lock, and the manager said they have ordered new ones. There was a dead insect in the bathroom. An electrical problem caused an issue with the air conditioner one night. This caused leakage of water on the floor, which caused odor in the room. I had talked up the Hotel to my friend who was with me, and I was very disappointed. Lovely location on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Suz401,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The comfort, health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and are working with our staff and local pest control company to ensure that the maintenance and bug issues do not continue in the future. We hope you'll give us another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2013

there is alot of construction. we were on the other side, so it didnt affect us. beach is beautiful, pool bar is awesome. only thing was the breakfast wasnt worth the money. wasnt very good. overall was an awesome place and beautiful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dreamcatcher616
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Dreamcatcher616,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beach and pool bar. I'm sorry that your breakfast was unsatisfactory. I will be sure to speak with our Chef to let him know your concerns. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne for a weekend away.

Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is immaculately maintained. I was here for a total of 4 nights this past weekend, (2/21-23 and 2/24-26, 2013). The hotel is undergoing some maintenance, such as painting of the exterior and some interior hallways, etc. However, despite the maintenance, everything was perfect. The front desk staff is very helpful, the bell man was very chatty and friendly when helping with my bags, and the room service is PERFECT. The food available from the restaurant downstairs is so delicious! I was really impressed. The pancakes and bacon are great, the fruit plate is HUGE and has a great assortment of fruit, and the Greek wrap and the Cobb salad were delicious as well. I didn't want to ever leave. The views are stunning! I will note that if you stay in the North Tower, there are no refrigerators in those rooms, but was told that you could request one if necessary. If you stay in the South Tower, those rooms have refrigerators. Microwaves are available upon request. I stayed in both towers over the two stays I had there this past weekend and both rooms were great. I enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room to keep my room service leftovers chilled.

Room Tip: North Tower rooms have no refrigerator and balconies there don't have chairs. South Tower rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kellierox
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Kellierox,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Front Desk and Housekeeping Managers. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the meals that you ordered from room service. We do have the best views. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy them and the beach during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you need a weekend away.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I staid there only for few days and I'm really disappointed, this is why:

1) In reservation I asked for room with ocean view - I got room on the site of ocean but through the window I could see only a wall and at the desk they said there are no other room available.
2) My collogues and me waited over 1 hour for dinner (there were only 2 people more in the hotels restaurant at the moment).
3) Through all my stay house keeping didn't show up even once.
4) Points from the stay weren't added to my loyalty card I have with Hilton.

That was my 2nd bad experience with Hilton chain and I don't use them no more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Zofia K,

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us last July. Your expectation for a clean room and prompt dinner service are not unreasonable and we failed to provide you both during your time here and for that I'm truly sorry. We do have a fabulous view of the beach and the wonderful sunrise. I'm sorry that your room was unsatisfactory. If other rooms are available, our front desk staff is happy to move you. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service we're known for if your travels bring you to Melbourne again.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Unless you like construction while sitting at the pool, stay away from this hotel until they are done. The jack hammering at 9:00am in the morning just did not go with the nice ocean sounds. They are repairing the outside balconies an the noise inside while they work is room shaking. This will be a good place to staywhen they are done, but until then stay away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sam The Travel Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry that your stay was interrupted by the state mandated renovations to our balconies. The safety, security and comfort of our guests is our number one priority. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne so that you can enjoy the new renovations.

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My hubby and I stayed one night for a local race in town. The hotel is very well maintained. Our breakfast was lovely, drinks were good from the bar. The rooms are very clean and our view was amazing. Who doesn't want to wake up to the sunrise over the ocean? Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Room 903 was great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bryean
Dear bryean,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the beautiful sunrises. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

chesterfield
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

They were renovating the outside and had to deal with some noise
There is a reef at their beach that makes swimming or surfing difficult
The staff was very friendly
The hotel food was ridiculously expensive
All in all its a good stay

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank wayne c
Dear wayne c,

Thank you for reviewing our property and your kind words about our staff. I'm sorry that you weren't able to enjoy your time in the water. The reef on the beach can be seen at low tide and is one of the wonders of our area. We are undergoing some structural renovations of our balconies required to ensure the continued safety and security of our guests. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne that you will consider staying with us again so that you can enjoy our new renovations.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!