“Dog Daze”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Having your pet on a vaca is great! But if the property can't manage the needs of pets and pet owners, it can be a problem. The "runway" used to walk the pets was very small grass median between the lobby and parking lot. No poo bag station insight so nobody picked up. You can imagine that on a hot labor day weekend the odor was bound to be picked up all around the front of the property including the lobby. And walking in the dark often meant stepping on land mines. How could the hotel management not notice!

Also, the pool towel service was TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Bring a gas mask!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear RCcruiser999,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with the dogs of other guests. I'm happy to inform you that we received our Dog Station last week and it has already been installed and being used. Also, we've ordered additional pool towels so that we don't run short. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you how great our we are the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront hotel in Melbourne, Florida. It is a very nice hotel with a very good pool area, direct access to the beach, and "tiki bar" by the pool and a restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the Melbourne area.
Very nice ocean view from all rooms.
The only odd thing was I was there for two nights and the one full day I was registered there my room wasn't cleaned. Cleaning staff was still in the hallway at around 6:00 p.m. when I headed out for dinner. I got back around 9:30 in the evening and the room had not been cleaned. By that time I didn't care. I had an early flight and I had just been there for one previous evening so no big deal. When I was checking out early in the morning I couldn't find anyone at the desk. Yelled a couple of times to the room behind the check-in counter to give my room key/card back and to tell them the room hadn't been cleaned but no one answered. Odd.
I ate at the tiki bar twice...both times the same thing. I had the seared tuna appitizer and a Ceaser salad. So good the first time, did it a second time. The food and service was very good.
Other than the odd thing about the room not being cleaned and not being able to contact a front desk rep (24/25 August 2012), which I consider a bit of a fluke (stayed at this hotel for eight nights in July of 2011 and had no problems), I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants nearby. Lou's Blues is a short walk away. A great place for a drink and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Southern MD Traveller

Dear Southern MD Traveller,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so sorry that your room was not cleaned at all during your stay with us. I will speak to our Executive Housekeeper as that is unacceptable. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your seared tuna and Ceasar Salad at our Tiki Bar. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our chef. Thank you again for your review and staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

There were several weddings the weekend we were there...what an incredible view! Great pool, wonderful poolside bar, very good overall service. Rooms were typical hotel rooms, but very spacious.
My only complaint is that the only plug I could find for the iron was in th bathroom. NOT VERY CONVENIENT ( but not the first hotel I have encountered like that....)

Room Tip: Ocean views are incredible!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Cape Sharon,

Thank you for your review of our property. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about our staff to the management team. I'm glad you enjoyed the view. It is incredible. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights last week as I was in town for a conference. The hotel was very nice and modern. My room was nice I had an Ocean View with a King size bed. The room was very comfortable and clean. I did have a refrigerator. The staff was great. I asked to change my room initially 2x and the front desk was excellent about it; very helpful! (First time room was too near the road and noisy, the second room was looking out to roof top and the airconditioners).

I did have the breakfast buffet one morning and it was good. Pool seemed nice, although I did not use.

The only thing I want to mention for the management is that although my room was cleaned very well every day, new towels were never provided nor was toilet paper. Yes there was some extra provided of both to start but not enough to make it through a week. I had to call and request both come Thursday. I found this strange since the room was cleaned very thoroughly daily. If you used more than one towel per day, you would not have enough to make it more than 2-3 days.

Overall this was a great hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Michelleg5149,

Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Front Desk staff was able to accommodate your room move request. I will forward your comments about our staff to their department heads. We look forward to hosting you the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a great place the Hilton is!! The amenities were wonderful ! The pool was beautiful. The service excellent! We attended a wedding at the hotel....it was beautifully executed by the staff.
The rooms were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. We will go to this hotel again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NanetteLong

Dear Nanette Long,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We chose this hotel as a central location to the east coast as having visited Florida many times and done the Gulf coast and the usual Orlando area we really wanted to see what the Atlantic coast offered.
This hotel was perfect, right on the beach and more places to visit than I had realised.
The Check in experience was good and we were into our room in record time.
The room was lovely and clean and plenty of room for our 8 night stay. We decided on the south tower because of the larger balconies. Our room cleaner (Terry) was a diamond and I can't remember having a more attentive courteous room attendant ever.
The A/C broke down one night and after mentioning this to the front desk, was repaired before we got back to the room later that day.
We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast and found it to have a good varied choice of hot and cold bufffet. The staff were lovely and even mad sure my Downs Syndrome son was safe after he had taken himself off one morning, and for that we are thankful.
The pool is lovely and has a tiki hut that also serves food. Thanks to Wendy and Christine for helping to make our holiday a memorable one.
The beach is nice and the water warm but there is a reef just under the surface. we like to body board and found if you went just to the right as you go down the steps then there is a nice section that was pretty much rock free. There are chairs and parasols for hire at the foot of the steps too.
The pool area could be cleaned better, Other hotels I have stayed at jet wash the pool area everymorning reducing the amount of sand entering the pool, I never saw this happen although I did see it being casually hosed down once. There is a serious lack of prasols, about 6 for all the beds at the pool deck. Sadly a couple during our stay got up early and reserved 2 beds by putting their towels on the beds and claimed the use of 2 of the 6 parasols all day.
We had a great stay at this hotel and would certainly stay here again, In fact our prefered location is the Hilton at Marco Island but the Hilton Melbourne Beach certainly gives us a fantastic 2nd option.

Room Tip: The rooms in the South tower have the bigger balconies, but although you can see the beach, you can...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bluecheez

Dear Bluecheez,

Thank you so much for your review of our property and your kinds words about our staff. I will be sure to forward them to the department heads. I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay and our beach. I will send your suggestion about cleaning the pool deck to our Engineering Department.

Thank you again for your gracious comments. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you across the pond.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton location a few weekends ago and found it a nice place to escape and have a fun, relaxing beach weekend. It's right on the beach, and although the hotel is a bit older, the rooms are well-kept. We stayed in room 910 and had a GORGEOUS ocean view. There is a small balcony, which was lovely (even though it's too small to fit chairs or a table).

The hotel had good room service options (my boyfriend I and ordered from their menu Friday night). On Saturday, we decided to go downstairs and try brunch in the restaurant, which I would not recommend. The service was very poor in the indoor dining area. I would, however; recommend the pool service. We ordered a few drinks from the pool server and he was polite and quick. You do have to get to the pool area early, as there are not very many lounge chairs and they fill up quickly. The pool is rather small for the number of hotel rooms, hopefully they will expand it eventually.

I would recommend this Hilton for individuals looking to stay at the hotel most of their stay because as I've found, Melbourne is a small town and doesn't have a whole lot to offer aside from some restaurants.

Overall, if you live in or around Florida and are looking for a getaway, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the high tower are older, but have the best views. It's well worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mackenz320

Dear Mackenz320,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the incomparable view. I'm sorry that the service you received in the restaurant at brunch was not up to our standards. I've sent your concerns to our Food & Beverage Director.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again when your weekend travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hampton Inn Melbourne-Viera

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!