“AMAZING!”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for vacation and we had such an amazing time! The front desk staff was so helpful, the restaurant servers had impeccable service, and if you stay here you HAVE TO go see Jen A. At the pool bar! She gave great service and free shots for her and the bar! Such an amazing time! Will be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank leslie2686
, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Leslie2686,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property, or staff and especially our bartender Jenn. I will be sure to forward your compliments onto our Front Office and Food & Beverage Managers. They love to hear when their staff does a great job! We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I were in Melbourne for 3 weeks for his work. As we were staying for a long time, we had opted for an Ocean View room, rather than Oceanfront as the Ocean View has a balcony with table and chairs and a refrigerator.
My first impression of the room was disappointing - it seemed quite dark and small- probably due to the low ceilings. Also the room only had a shower - no bath tub. We also seemed to be above a noisy air conditioning unit on one of the hotel's lower rooves. We asked if there were any other rooms available with a bath tub and possibly brighter but were told none would be for a couple of days. Apparently, all the rooms with tubs are on the 2nd floor.The one I was eventually shown had a tiny tub and a huge palm tree directly outside the window blocking the light- someone's idea of a joke maybe? We opted to stay in the original room (after checking out the Crowne Plaza about 300 yards down the beach). Despite the length of our stay, we only received complimentary bottled water in our room on the first night.
We had buffet breakfast included in our rate, which was extensive but fairly repetitive - the breakfast servers were always very friendly and efficient.
The hotel has a well equipped gym and the pool area is clean and generally well kept. However, a number of the sun loungers were broken. The hotel tends to get busy with families and weddings at the weekend so it is advisable to get out on the sunbeds early if you prefer to spend time by the pool rather than the beach. The beautiful, wide sandy beach is only a few steps away and seems to go on forever. Beach towels are provided at the reception area.
There are 2 main bars - one inside and the poolside Tiki bar, which both have happy hours each day.
One of the best features of the hotel is the shuttle bus, which will take you and pick you up from anywhere within a 5 mile radius for free. This was great for getting to and from restaurants in the evening and we tried many of those recommended by the hotel. As I did not have the use of a car during the day, the shuttle also took me to and from nearby shops.
Despite the initial grumbles, we had a comfortable stay in this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms and communal areas were all cleand and well kept.

Room Tip: The rooms in the South Tower have a refrigerator and a balcony with furniture
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Racoon12345,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your thoroughness. It is through these reviews that we can learn and provide better service to our guests.

I'm sorry that you had some disappointing experiences during your extended stay with us. I have discussed your concerns with our Food & Beverage Director regarding the repetitive breakfast buffet and the water in your guest room. I have also spoken to our Director of Engineering regarding the broken patio chairs.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share your compliments with our managers. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the use of our shuttle to explore our quaint beachside town and the many restaurants here.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you across the pond to Florida.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

It might have been that I thought it would be more, or that I never stayed at a Hilton before and had higher expectations, but I was not impressed with this hotel. The minute I entered my room I was deflated... The carpets are visibly old and run down, the junctures of the bathtub and the tile were moldy, and on top of the mold, there was an unglued silicone application that gave me a feeling of being at some old hotel anywhere other than what I thought a Hilton would be.
Staff was very, very friendly and breakfast was great. The beach was nice, the distance is perfect, the pool was very nice too.
They DO NOT have a microwave in all rooms, I asked for one (travel with two kids) and after sometime and a couple of phone calls, a gentleman brought one in.

It was a good stay, not a great one. If I had to stay in melbourne, I would not stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Mhlorenzo,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm sorry that your stay was not what you expected. You are correct that we do not have microwaves in the rooms. I'm glad that you were able to get one and I'm sorry that it took so long for you to receive it. Traveling with children, a microwave does make it easier.

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your room. We're in the process of replacing carpet and furnishings in the rooms, but not all of the rooms are complete. I hope that you will try us again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne. I'm sure that you will enjoy the many changes and upgrades that we've made.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Arrived about 2:30 PM and frond desk clerk said our room was not quite ready and she had a nice oceanfront room being cleaned in the North tower. From a previous review I saw that the North tower had oceanfront views but the balcony was a stand up only. So I asked for a balcony we could sit on. Se gave us a room in the South tower on the 6th floor where all the balconies have 2 chairs and a table. The view was not directly oceanfront but it was almost direct. It was great. We could view the ocean, beach and if we looked West we could see the intercoastal. I would recommend the South tower. The shower was a beautiful stand up with a rain type shower head. The room was bright, clean and modern. Great pool area with a walkway directly on to the beach. You can check out large beach towels to use at the front desk and also take them to the beach. The staff was friendly. We were there on the weekend and many of the guests were families from other parts of Florida for a weekend getaway. Very nice feel to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M S
Dear Panman58,

Thank you so much for your reveiw of our property. We too love the view from the South Tower looking either east to the Atlantic or west to the Intracoastal. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your time away at the beach. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you can make a weekend getaway.

Apopka, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Took my wife there for 3 days of relaxation and fun. The scuttle bus was great it took anywhere we wanted to go within five miles of the hotel. The desk was very pleasant and helped us to were we wanted to go. Great room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike2728
Dear Mike2728,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad that you and your wife were able to getaway for a few days and enjoy our beach and all the area has to offer. I hope that you'll stay with us again the next time you make a getaway.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Took my hubby for father's day... The reception was cool but professional. Housekeeping was great, we got extra towels! The hotel is in a great location ... Specially if u have pups with u ... Short walk to puppy beach! And the food, all the food from b-fast to diner ... Awesome!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Jon_Monica,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy a weekend away to celebrate Father's Day. We love having the dog beach so close that our guests and their four legged family members can walk to enjoy it. I hope you puppy had a great time in the surf.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about our food to our Executive Chef and his staff. They take great pride in their menu. Thank you so much for spending your weekend with us. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you to Melbourne for a getaway weekend.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2012

From the moment we arrived we had a great time. The staff at the front desk made us feel like we were family from the moment we walked in. They were friendly and extremely outgoing. The lobby was clean and spacious. The room we booked was a king oceanfront with a sleeper sofa. After finding we would be using the sleeper the front desk staff notified housekeeping that we needed linnens. Housekeeping arrived minutes after we got to our room and not only brought linnens but made the sleeper for us. (I have stayed other places before and had to make the sleeper myself) If we passed the front desk and the staff members were not assisting other guests they always acknowledged us and asked if we needed anything. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The pool and outdoor bar area had plenty of seating. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the ice machine. It tends to be noisey.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank my_travelin_family
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear My Travlin Family,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I will be sure to pass on your compliments and kind words of our Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff to their managers. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!