Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
$194
Residence Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne - Palm Bay(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Beachfront
$109
$102
HolidayInn.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Melbourne Viera(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$95
La Quinta
$166
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
1,782 results
All reviewsmelbourne beachfront deskocean viewnorth towerpool areaoceanfront roomhilton melbournebreakfast buffethigher floorpool and hot tubgreat beachpoolside barthe entire staffbeach accessnice poolcocoa beachkarl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed the week leading up to Easter which was Spring Break for many and all of Brevard County was pretty crowded. So comparatively speaking, this hotel didn't feel as crowded as it was. Or as crowded as the rest of the area was. We now prefer this area as opposed to Cocoa Beach: Still close to major attractions but less touristy a bit more off the beaten path.

Loved the new(er) rooms in the South Tower and took good advantage of the full balcony with partial ocean view. Other reviews cite cocquina (rock) on the beach in the section near the hotel, but this section is only partially impacted and easy to avoid. Nice pool, pool bar, hot tub area. As with any hotel, can get a bit crowded and dirty plates pile up a bit as the day goes on.

Go with 3.5/4 star Hilton expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: South Tower has fewer rooms, full balcony, and a decent partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Athena689,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy your holiday. I've spoken to our Food & Beverage Director about your note that the dirty plates had piled up during the day. Thank you for noting that. It has been addressed with our staff. I'm gald that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub and our Atlantic Blue Beach Bar. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here April 19-21, 2012 following a cruise to the Bahamas. Our cruise ship, the Sensation, arrived at Port Canaveral early Thursday morning. We took a cab directly to the hotel after we disembarked and arrived around 9:30. Check in is not until 4:00. We explained to the lady at the front desk why we were so early. She was very nice and said that even though there were no rooms ready, she would hold our luggage and give us a call as soon as a room was available. She called around 11:15 and told us we could pick up our keys :) It didn't seem that long - we took a walk on the beach while we waited.

The room itself was very nice. I was not a bit disappointed. We had an oceanview room on the fifth floor (Room 502). There was a nice flat screen T.V. The bed was very comfy and had clean sheets and 5 fluffy pillows. There were no odors, bugs, dirt, or anything like that.

The negatives - not much! The balcony was a little disappointing because it was so small that not even a chair would fit out there. It was "standing room only." There was no refrigerator in the room and I also couldn't find a hair dryer. Minor details considering the over all condition of the room.

The lobby was nice and clean. The pool area was awesome. There was a nice pool and hot tub as well as a walk up bar where you could order drinks, appetizers, etc. The walkway to the beach was nice and easily accessible.

The hotel offers a free shuttle service which I loved! They took us to a couple of restaurants and also to the Melbourne airport free of charge.

The beach - it was relatively secluded which I loved. Not a lot of people while we were there. It is not raked so there was quite a bit of seaweed. There is an underwater reef right along this area. Use caution if you go swimming in the ocean! My husband and I both hurt ourselves on the reef although we tried to avoid it. If you walk down far enough there is an area monitored by life guards which is nice. And if you walk far enough in the other direction there is a dog beach.

General location - not a lot to do - which was fine by me. There is a Wal-Mart within walking distance. There's also a Friendly's and McDonald's within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moore45651
MargaretMaryKehoe, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Moore45651,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I will be sure to forward your kind words about our Front Desk Staff and Shuttle Drivers to their manager. I'm sorry there was no hair dryer in your room. I've made sure that Housekeeping has replaced that room's. I hope that you will stay with us after your next cruise.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

My husband and I choose this hotel because of the location. We had never heard of Melbourne before, but it was a hilton ocean front hotel. Our room was nice, clean and modern. The the staff was very friendly, we informed them it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room to the 10th floor. We didn't know the hotel allowed pets and but for the fact we saw 2 dogs we would have never known. The property was nice and clean with no ordors. There was one male staff member who was just great, answered all our questions and helped us learn the area. The access to the beach was wonderful.

One of the down sides was that our room didn't have a refridgerator or microwave, we were there for 4 days and had to throw away a lot of food and spend a lot of money eating out at restaurants.The balcony was very small and it was only room to stand. Also, my husband's phone disappeared so i would recommended using the safe.

Room Tip: Full ocean view gives you standing room only balcony and partial view gives you a full balcony
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Had to spend a short day over at the Hilton on business. What a wonderdful hotel! Rooms very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The pool area and fitness area were more then adequate. Access to the beach for a morning run was a delight, being from Chicago! Morning breakfast, some reservations it is complimentary, was an excellent breakfast buffet in which you can just go breads/fruits, for a more modest price. Very nice loung surroundings in the evening to watch a big screen, but still do some work with co-workers. Finally, the price for a beach quality hotel was cheaper then what I paid at a Holiday Inn express next to the Orlando airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank choochdude

Dear Choochdude,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the beach for an early morning run and our new lounge layout. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Melbourne.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We arrived on Sunday early and were able to check in....nice. Room had new carpeting and accessories. Bed linens and beds were never a problem before and they did not disappoint this time!

Pool bar was the best! Jennifer is an absolute pleasure to deal with! Worked the entire day Sunday because we ate lunch and dinner there and a smile never left her face! We ordered the steaks for dinner per her recommendation and they were probably the best we have had in a while! She stated earlier that day that the bar closed between 7:30 and 8:00 and she kept it open until about 10 that night because it did get quite busy......no "tired attitude".....just pleasant, friendly, professional customer service. She is a true gem!

One recommendation: Please remodel bathtub tile......it is dark and bordering on yuck.

Otherwise beautiful property!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank glasslady4

Dear Glasslady4,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I'm so glad that you had a great experience with Jennifer at our poolside bar. I will be sure to forward your kind words about her to our Food & Beverage Director. I will also forward your concerns about our tile to our Director of Engineering. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Melbourne.