“Weekend Wedding Get Away”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Weekend Wedding Get Away”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Very intimate getaway this last weekend for a friends wedding. The rooms are clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The hotel was a little aged but the attention to detail in regards to all the wedding details were superb. The pool and hot tub added a nice touch. Great food and an extremely nice staff. We would definately return!

Room Tip: Fast elevators, ask for a higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Was staying on a business trip. Had a vehicle so mobility was not an issue.

First the not so good: Hotel is a little dated. Balconies are fairly small but workable for sitting. Food needs a little work. Breakfast buffet is ok, nothing special. Had a 'fresh fish' dish at the bar, this was fair at best. Decided to go elsewhere to dine for the remainder of the stay. Staying on the south tower the noise from A1A can be disturbing (I was there in October) and it was pretty loud from 7-8am to about 8-9pm at night. Opt for the north tower. Stayed in this tower on a previous trip and did not notice the noise as much and the views of the ocean are better in the higher floors. The place can get a little crowded if a big function or two is occurring.

The Good: Location is decent - many restaurants with in a short drive/walk and a Winn Dixie also with in walking distance. Lou's Blues (live bands), Key West Bar (cheap/dive bar but fun) for 'night life' and Coasters Pub (great beer selection for FL), Long Doggers (excellent Seafood), Icabod's are decent alternatives to the hotel dining. Nice flat beach for walking. Ample parking except when there is a function. Grounds are well kept and clean. Pool areas all looked good for morning to mid afternoon sun. In the shadows in the later afternoon. Cocoa Beach is a short drive north. Downtown Melbourne not too far away - 10 minutes maybe.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: North Tower higher floors are quieter and have a better ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

If you get an ocean front room in the main building, it is magnificent. I am a Diamond Hilton member so it worked out for me. The rooms are clean a well decorated. The desk chair is too low for the desk, you would soon get backache and carpel tunnel using it to type at. I have the aches right now.

BUT while the check is was quick and friendly, and the wait staff at dinner friendly it was beyond a joke in speed. It was SLOW. We waited over 45mins from our appetisers to our main courses. It was no busy, it was not over run with people, it was just slow. The waiter was more interested in chatting up two young females than serving the other three tables.

Melbourne has such a wonderful beach location but the service lets it down terribly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear TheRhodieDiver,

I would like to first thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at our property. The only way we can improve what we do is with feedback - both positive and negative - from our guests. We take great pride in providing the "Perfect" stay for each and every guest, but as we know, no one is perfect. In your particular case, we could have certainly done a better job in our restaurant.. For this, I sincerely apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations.

I have discussed your comments with or F&B Director to ensure he shares this experience with his staff and uses it as a coaching and training opportunity. Again, the only way we can improve is through using feedback to educate and motivate our staff. I can tell you that this is certainly taken seriously, and it will be addressed.

I want to thank you again for your comments. I do hope that you would chose our property the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne to give us a chance to show you what a great F&B experience we can provide.

Area Genaral Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2011

DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS BY PHONE. We visited Cocoa Beach and was searching for a hotel for the night. My daughter googled the closest hotels and came up with this one. We contacted them by phone to make the reservations. We told the young man that we wanted something close to the pier in Cocoa Beach. He made reservations for this hotel and gave us the address. We drove up and down A1A looking for the 3003 address but could not find it. Finally we stopped at the Doubletree Hilton hotel to request directions. The young man stated that the hotel we were searching for was not in Cocoa but in Melbourne. We informed him we did not want to drive 30 minutes away from Cocoa at 12:42 AM in the morning. We had two other small children with us including a 1 month old sick child. The young man at the Doubletree told us he had room and that we could contact the Hilton Beach Front and cancel in order to get closer. We contacted the Beach Front Hilton to cancel as we were standing at the front desk in the Doubletree Hotel. We had the phone on speaker phone so that the young man at the desk could hear and get the information needed. The young man from the Beach Front Hilton stated that the hotels were connected and that he would contact the Doubletree. We waited on speaker phone to hear the phone ring but it never rung. We informed the guy that the phone did not ring. He stated there was no one at the desk. We informed him that there was someone at the desk and reiterated that we were on speaker phone with the young man. The young man from Beach Front Hilton stated that it was okay for the young man at Doubletree to go in and see the reservation cancellation. When I asked the guy on the phone where was he located, he stated in the Philipines. Then we understood why he did not understand the relThe young man at Doubletree completed the transaction but stated that the prices at Doubletree was more than the prices at the Hilton. When we informed him that we had just inquired about the prices ten minutes prior he stated the prices changed after we spoke with him. We decided that the price was extravagant for that time of the morning considering the checkout time and decided to go somewhere else.

When the credit card bill came in the mail, Hilton Beach Front had a charge on it for $ 154.29. This is the reservation that was suppose to have been cancelled. I have been trying to resolve this issue for the past two days to no relief. I finally contacted a Front Desk Manager, Cheryl who was finally able to help me. Cheryl was able to view the charge and agreed to reverse the charge. Of course this does nothing for the charges on my credit card but I am so glad it is over, if it is over. It takes about 24 hours to clear but I will definitely be checking.

Remember to try to make reservations on-line for a paper trail of transactions.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sandra W
Dear Sandra W,

I would like to first thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would also like to apologize for the trouble that you had with our Hilton Worldwide reservations system. As we strive to exceed every single guests' expectations, we obviously did not meet our goal in your case. I have copied the Hilton Reservations Management office to make them aware of their mistake. These agents are trained to understand the differences in locations and property vicinities based on attractions and landmarks. This particular agent certainly did not meet those criteria, and again, I do apologize.

I have also spoken to our management at both of our properties to ensure the communication is clear between the two, as much of your situation could have been avoided with a little extra effort on our part. From my experience speaking with Hilton Reservations, they do a good job and are fairly consistent. But, as we know, there is always room for improvement - particularly in light of your experience. I can say that using the phone is still a great way to book, but I would agree with the online option as a better avenue.

I do hope that this experience does not deter you from considering our property the next time your travels bring you to the Space Coast.

Abersoch
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here earlier this year and as it happens I am going back tomorrow !

Lovely locatation and typical Hilton..friendly, nice pool bar, great access to beach and the suite occupied had excellent amenities and comfy bed

Obviously I liked it as I am going back again !

I like the little touches like welcoming cold drinks in the reception area and very friendly and friendly ataff

Room Tip: high quaility beach front location with very very good air conditioning !!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bwlchtocynman
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear bwlchtocynman<

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience from your last stay here with us at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. We strive to provide a great experience for all guests, and it is certainly great to hear when a guest has a wonderful stay!!

I appreciate the fact that you recognized that our AC systems work so well, as we have really done an enormous amount of work to ensure that the system is working at full capacity at all times. I also noticed that you will be returning soon to stay with us here in Melbourne once again. Please make an effort to contact me during your stay, as I would like to personally thank you for the feedback. We can only get better with feedback from our guests.

Again, thank you very much, and I look forward to meeting you the next time you stay with us here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront!!!

Yours in Hospitality,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights just to have a small get away from my daily life in Orlando. The hotel was very nice. The bed was comfortable the room was pretty big. We did have a view of the ocean; however, most of the view was of the Hotels second building across the pool area. There’s two buildings situated in the shape of the letter “v”. This way everyone gets a view of the beach. When I went the ocean was too cold to get in so I didn’t actually get in the water. The pool is pretty small so there was no room to get in and try the pool out. The days were warm and the A/C broke twice. They eventually fixed it but waking up to the hot sun beating on you is not a nice way to start your day. The staff had a little attitude but not too bad. Over all I don’t know if I would return. I don’t think I could deal with the whole A/C situation again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth A,

I would like to first thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We strive to provide the "Pefect" stay for each and every guest, but as we know, we are not perfect. The only way we can improve our service and our product is through comments, suggestion, and feedback - both positive and negative - from our guests.

As you stated, our property had been having AC issues during your stay back in February 2011, but I can tell you all of those issues have since been resolved. It was an issue that ended up affecting the entire hotel and was not something easily repaired, but as I said, we have no further issues with our AC and it is running at full capacity.

I do hope that you do not let the AC issues that have since been resolved deter you from coming and experiencing our great hotel once again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne. We would certainly love to have you back and see what our hotel is really all about.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I am still in the lobby but want to leave as soon as possible but I'll start with the good. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and the rooms have lovely beach views.

The bad:
- the hotel looks pretty run down. It was probably nice 5 or 10 years ago, but needs a bit of updating
- when we went to the restaurant, we were the only people who were sitting there at first, then 2 more tables came and they got their food about 15 minutes before us (after we were waiting for about a half hour)
- there were crazy noises in the bathroom in the night and evening, like banging or high pressure water spraying
- THE WORST part was that when I got out of the shower in the morning, there was a message on the mirror saying 'I'm Watching'. This was on the second day -- I didn't notice on the first day, and I thought there was someone in my room (see photo)
- oh, and some of my towels were stained AND the cleaning staff did not fold my towels in the bathroom or replace any toiletries that I used

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank 11-robbyinnyc-11
Dear 11-robbyinnyc-11,

First of all, I want to thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. The only way that we as hoteliers can improve our service and product is through feedback from our guests - both positive and negative. As we make it our goal to provide a great experience for our guests, we take every guest issue to heart - and I can tell you in your case, this is a very hot topic of discussion with our management staff. I must sincerely apologize for what I would characterize as a stay certainly not indicative of what our hotel is known for - great service. We absolutely did not meet our goal of providing a great experience, and for that, I again apologize. Based on your specific comments, I can tell you that I would agree that the room that you stayed in does need some updating - but I am excited to let you know that we will be upgrading our rooms starting in November of this year!!! As far as the noise in the walls with the water and the pipes, at times, air can get into the pipes during low occupancy periods and cause what we call "hammering", but we have not had any issues with this recently. I have brought this to the attention of our Chief Engineer as it can be remedied very easily. I have also discussed the towel issue that you mentioned with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that she takes this incident as a training opportunity to ensure that the Room Attendants pay more attention to detail in the linen that they place in the rooms. No excuse at all for stained linens - as they can be exchanged (and should be if they inspect them closely) prior to placing them in the rooms. This lack of attention to detail is exactly what led to the mirror message. Part of their checklist is to clean each mirror daily - and obviously this was not done - nor was it caught by the inspector. This is completely unacceptable, and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the entire housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not happen again.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail during your stay, but I will also tell you that this is certainly not the norm here at our property. I would like to invite you back to try us again to really show you what our hotel can provide as far as service is concerned.

Yours in Hospitality,

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!