“wonderful location and very comfortable rooms”

Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersBronze level
Abersoch
“wonderful location and very comfortable rooms”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here earlier this year and as it happens I am going back tomorrow !

Lovely locatation and typical Hilton..friendly, nice pool bar, great access to beach and the suite occupied had excellent amenities and comfy bed

Obviously I liked it as I am going back again !

I like the little touches like welcoming cold drinks in the reception area and very friendly and friendly ataff

Room Tip: high quaility beach front location with very very good air conditioning !!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bwlchtocynman
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear bwlchtocynman<

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience from your last stay here with us at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. We strive to provide a great experience for all guests, and it is certainly great to hear when a guest has a wonderful stay!!

I appreciate the fact that you recognized that our AC systems work so well, as we have really done an enormous amount of work to ensure that the system is working at full capacity at all times. I also noticed that you will be returning soon to stay with us here in Melbourne once again. Please make an effort to contact me during your stay, as I would like to personally thank you for the feedback. We can only get better with feedback from our guests.

Again, thank you very much, and I look forward to meeting you the next time you stay with us here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront!!!

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights just to have a small get away from my daily life in Orlando. The hotel was very nice. The bed was comfortable the room was pretty big. We did have a view of the ocean; however, most of the view was of the Hotels second building across the pool area. There’s two buildings situated in the shape of the letter “v”. This way everyone gets a view of the beach. When I went the ocean was too cold to get in so I didn’t actually get in the water. The pool is pretty small so there was no room to get in and try the pool out. The days were warm and the A/C broke twice. They eventually fixed it but waking up to the hot sun beating on you is not a nice way to start your day. The staff had a little attitude but not too bad. Over all I don’t know if I would return. I don’t think I could deal with the whole A/C situation again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth A,

I would like to first thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your experience. We strive to provide the "Pefect" stay for each and every guest, but as we know, we are not perfect. The only way we can improve our service and our product is through comments, suggestion, and feedback - both positive and negative - from our guests.

As you stated, our property had been having AC issues during your stay back in February 2011, but I can tell you all of those issues have since been resolved. It was an issue that ended up affecting the entire hotel and was not something easily repaired, but as I said, we have no further issues with our AC and it is running at full capacity.

I do hope that you do not let the AC issues that have since been resolved deter you from coming and experiencing our great hotel once again the next time your travels bring you to Melbourne. We would certainly love to have you back and see what our hotel is really all about.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I am still in the lobby but want to leave as soon as possible but I'll start with the good. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and the rooms have lovely beach views.

The bad:
- the hotel looks pretty run down. It was probably nice 5 or 10 years ago, but needs a bit of updating
- when we went to the restaurant, we were the only people who were sitting there at first, then 2 more tables came and they got their food about 15 minutes before us (after we were waiting for about a half hour)
- there were crazy noises in the bathroom in the night and evening, like banging or high pressure water spraying
- THE WORST part was that when I got out of the shower in the morning, there was a message on the mirror saying 'I'm Watching'. This was on the second day -- I didn't notice on the first day, and I thought there was someone in my room (see photo)
- oh, and some of my towels were stained AND the cleaning staff did not fold my towels in the bathroom or replace any toiletries that I used

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank 11-robbyinnyc-11
Dear 11-robbyinnyc-11,

First of all, I want to thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on your stay. The only way that we as hoteliers can improve our service and product is through feedback from our guests - both positive and negative. As we make it our goal to provide a great experience for our guests, we take every guest issue to heart - and I can tell you in your case, this is a very hot topic of discussion with our management staff. I must sincerely apologize for what I would characterize as a stay certainly not indicative of what our hotel is known for - great service. We absolutely did not meet our goal of providing a great experience, and for that, I again apologize. Based on your specific comments, I can tell you that I would agree that the room that you stayed in does need some updating - but I am excited to let you know that we will be upgrading our rooms starting in November of this year!!! As far as the noise in the walls with the water and the pipes, at times, air can get into the pipes during low occupancy periods and cause what we call "hammering", but we have not had any issues with this recently. I have brought this to the attention of our Chief Engineer as it can be remedied very easily. I have also discussed the towel issue that you mentioned with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that she takes this incident as a training opportunity to ensure that the Room Attendants pay more attention to detail in the linen that they place in the rooms. No excuse at all for stained linens - as they can be exchanged (and should be if they inspect them closely) prior to placing them in the rooms. This lack of attention to detail is exactly what led to the mirror message. Part of their checklist is to clean each mirror daily - and obviously this was not done - nor was it caught by the inspector. This is completely unacceptable, and I can assure you that this has been addressed with the entire housekeeping staff to ensure that it does not happen again.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail during your stay, but I will also tell you that this is certainly not the norm here at our property. I would like to invite you back to try us again to really show you what our hotel can provide as far as service is concerned.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a week-long business trip to Melbourne. I had an oceanfront room on the 11th floor of the north tower. The hotel location is fantastic -- right on the beach. But the rooms, facilities and cleanliness weren't at all what I'd expect at a Hilton. It was more like a Holiday Inn or a Marriott Residence Inn. It was nice, but definitely not luxurious.

The rooms had clean bed linens, and the A/C worked well. There was a flat-screen TV, but digital cable and movie services were "unavailable" several days I was there. A dingy sofa was oddly positioned, blocking the windows and balcony. My room had no refrigerator, microwave, safe or alarm clock. It didn't get cleaned one day, even though I removed the do not disturb sign early in the morning. The room did get cleaned the following day.

My biggest disappointments were with the fitness center and the WiFi. The fitness center faces the ocean and pool/bar area, which is cool, except it was about 80 degrees and incredibly humid in there. The room had a fetid, sour smell. It also appears the machines don't receive regular servicing. The ellipticals had nasty, rusty gunk all along the rails.

The WiFi, at least in my room, was horrible. I'd connect to hhonors, but then lose the connection every 10-20 seconds. I tried moving around the room to find a consistent signal, but no luck. So much for working from the room or using an iPad.

That said, I was impressed with the front desk when I called about a giant bug that had flown into my room. They dispatched someone immediately to catch and release the critter.

Room Tip: Perhaps the south tower rooms are nicer?
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear jwt85,

I would like to first thank you for your comments regading your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate all comments, both positive and negative, as we strive to create a great exepreince for all of our guests. I would like to address some of the issues you brought up during your stay to ensure you and those that read the comments can feel comfortable in the services we provide. You are correct in stating we do not have fridges, safes, or microwaves in our guestrooms in our North Tower. But, that is about to change. We are adding all three come this November 2011, and we are replacing our sleeper sofas as well. In regards to your comment about the fitness center, I will certainly bring this up to our Housekeeping Manager and Chief Engineer to ensure everything is in working order. We clean the fitness center twice a day, but we were having an issue with the AC in that particular room for a few days this September, so that could have been the issue with the "fresh smell", as well as the temperature - and for this I must apologize. This has since been resolved, so there should be no issues moving forward. I will also bring your WiFi issues to our Chief Engineer and have him look at the access points on that particular floor.

Again, I appreciate the feedback, and I do hope that these issues will not prevent you from trying our property again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights in July. On the first night, our AC was not working so we called the front desk. The night repairman came up & put his hand on the vent and said it was blowing. He left and it still wasnt fixed. It was pushing 83 degrees in the room throughout the night. I tried to open the door but there wasnt a breeze. It was a terrible night. The next morning when the sun was coming up, it was 90 degrees. The front desk was nice and gave us a new room right away but while I was in line to speak to them, there were 3 other couples saying the same thing that the AC didnt work. I would find a different hotel the next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear cmorgan50,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay this past July 2011. As we strive to provide every guest with the "Perfect" experience, we take feedback from our guests as an opportunity to improve our services and our facility.

Based on your comments, it looks as if we did not meet our goal of providing that great and memorable experience, and for that, I sincerly apologize. You are correct in stating that the hotel did have AC issues during the months of July and early August. Unfortunately, it was impossible to really pinpoint the issue and repair the problem until we received the proper parts. This situation was certainly not the best to provide the type of service we are capable of providing. What I can tell you is that the issue was resolved in early August and our system is running at 100% capacity, and we do not anticipate any other issues related to the resolution.

Again, I do sincerely apologize for your experience, but I can tell you that our systems are running at capacity and there will be no more AC related issues. I do hope that you would try us again in light of our recent repairs, as we can certainly provide the type of service you would expect from a HIlton branded hotel.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The reception staff were pleasant , and the room was reasonable for the price, and comparable as I am a frequent Hilton guest. The only sad issue was the pool area , bar area. It seems that locals and off duty staff are frequenting the establishment , and some very distasteful comments were made about guests ( teachers that were on a conference) ( comments such as likely not to get any tips etc) , and discussion where they going next as soon as the current bar shift ends) . It is a shame as I felt that the facilities are reserved for guests exclusively , that is why I generally prefer the hilton. Will pass this hilton.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear SMO727,

I want to first thank you for your comments regarding your stay. The only way we can improve our service is through feedback from our guests - positive or negative. I have to sincerely apologize for the impression our bar staff left you with. I can tell you that NO off duty employees of our property are allowed to use the facilites at the hotel, but being a small community, it is certainly possible that employees from other properties in the area may have been at the bar as many of the people in the hospitality industry in our community do know each other and spend time together. Regardless, I can tell you that the type of discussions that took place should not have happened, and our F&B Director will certainly use this as an opportunity to coach and retrain the staff to ensure that it doesn't. I can tell you that is NOT the type of service we train our staff to provide, nor is it what you expect.

I do hope that this one instance does not deter you from trying our property once again, as I can tell you , that is certainly not the norm. Again, I do apologize, and we do hope to see you again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed in this hotel during our last trip to Melbourne beach.

The hotel was awesome, rooms clean, bathrooms well maintained, except for the absence of toothpaste :lesson- Carry your own! Location of property is prime - its accessible to the small market which has almost anything you would need for the trip - courtesy Walmart and Dollar Store.

Beach is just out at the back door, Hotel has fitness center, swimming pool and jacuzzi, all in great shape. there is some strong smell in one of tower lift areas, didn't understand what was that for though.

People wanting to see lovely picturesque beach should look for some other place without oceanfront, as the cleaner and low tide side of the nice beaches here in Melbourne don't have properties on the front.

Room Tip: Hotwire rocks - you can easily make out from go now options!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Markhotel, General Manager at Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Roxand,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review your experience here with us at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront. As we strive to provide the "Perfect" experience, the only way we can get better at what we do is with feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive. I am very happy to see that your stay was great!!

After reviewing your response, I wanted to address the comment you made regarding our beach. As you visited in August, I can tell you that this is in the middle of our storm season - and we did have two storms that passed by our area in August. This causes the beaches to get quite a bit of seaweed and debris from the ocean to be pushed on and off of our beaches. Our county, as well as the hotel, makes every effort to keep the beaches clean and inviting as we can, but considering the storms, we cannot really get to them till after they pass. Just wanted to be sure you were aware of how we manage this area.

I also notice that you mentioned you booked via a third party website (Hotwire). As there are great deals through these sites, and depending on how much you travel, going through our Hilton branded website can ensure you receive your HHonors loyalty points (if you are a member) - as we do not offer points if anyone books through a thrid party site. You can also get great upgrade offers if you book through the Hilton site as well.

Again, thank you so much for your kind comments, and I do hope the next time your travels bring to you Melbourne. you stay with us here at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place
Port d'Hiver
Port d'Hiver
#1 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!