“Just ok”

Ichabod's Dockside
Ranked #31 of 470 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Waterfront seafood bar & grille overlooking Melbourne Harbor Marina. Great sunsets while having cocktails or appetizers like Calamari or Bacon Wrapped Scallops. Daily dinner and lunch specials
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is located right before the Melbourne causway by the marina. Parking can be a bit of a challenge. The menu is pretty much seafood focused, but there are options for land lovers. I agree with former reviews that the service is just ok. We went on a Saturday evening. They did not have a children's menu. Instead there is a section called small plates (or something like that). My son had a grilled cheese. It was pretty good as far as grilled cheese goes. My father had a burger and my mother, a mahi reuben. Both said their sandwiches were good. My mom commented that the size of the mahi on the sandwich was smaller than usual. They've dined here several times, but the was my first visit. I had some sort of pasta with what was suppose to be a white sauce with garlic and blackened shrimp. The shirimp were excellent. I wouldn't really call the sauce "white" as it was more like a clear sauce with garlic. In conclusion, the meal was ok but I wouldn't really go out of my way to dine here. I think Squid Lips by the Eau Galle causway is much better.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

In a boat? This is nice. Food, well is pretty nonchalant. Plenty on the menu to satisfy most everyone. Service ok but really not that great. It did provide exactly that which we needed for our boating outing that day. Was good but not good enough to visit the other Ichabod's two weeks later.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Good menu, casual dining - mainly seafood and steaks but freshly prepared and great service. Very popular with the local boating crowd as it's right on the marina. Great cocktails!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

they have great drinks, a fabulous bartender( she's 6'2" and beautiful), great servers, ask for Michelle, and PORK ROLL!!!! All the good is good and a great view of the marina

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have had good meals here like the fish sandwich for lunch and the quesadilla with shrimp. And ...then there are the days when the couch fritters come out almost black and the waitress says no they are usually dark. These were burnt, left in the fryer too long. The fish was raw in the middle and so she offered us $2 buck off the bill. When it is good here, it is good and when it is bad, well, I stay away for a month or two and always give them another shot.

1  Thank teaco