“Great food and service”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
mid atlantic
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had lunch here recently while shopping in Melbourne, FL. Lots of restaurants to choose from and I'm glad we picked this one. Our waiter was great about answering all our questions about the Irish dishes and even made a few suggestions. My daughter had the fish and chips. Malt vinegar was available on the table. She ate every drop and said it was very good. I had the chicken pot pie. It was served hot and tasty. It had lots of chunks of white meat of chicken and peas and potatoes in a creamy broth. My aunt had the Irish stew and said it was very good with lots of chunks of lean beef, carrots and potatoes. We shared a yummy bread pudding for dessert which came with your choice of 2 toppings. We chose raspberry sauce and hot fudge sauce. They are served on the side. Both were good, but the chocolate was to die for ! I would have to say the only disappointment was the 19 cent cup of bean soup. Tasted exactly like Campbell's canned bean soup, and was salty, but for 19 cents, who can complain. Look forward to returning here on our next vacation.

Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent Irish Menu”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just a little bit of the Irish. Meg's is a place I don't go to often, but every time I do... I wonder why I don't go more often. The food is excellent. The service is very good. The atmosphere is excellent. We were a group of 7, and as packed as the restaurant appeared to be... we did not wait long to be seated. The one thing I didn't care about was the fact they added a 20% tip to the bill, because we had three separate checks. The good thing was the included tip was written in big print in the menu... so, no surprise when we received our bill. I understand why they have to include the tip, but... I'd rather pick the % to tip. Fortunately, we had an excellent and very patient server. He was awesome!

“Escape to Ireland”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this place so much we went back over and over again. 3 times in 4 days. The food was great the staff was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. Wish this place would open up in our home town.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great atmosphere, great service, great food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stopped in Melbourne for one night on our way to the Keys. When driving thru the historic area we noticed this place and decided to try it. I had the pressed Cuban with an IPA- awesome. My wife had the Irish stew trio (shepherds pie, beef stew, ?). Her bloody mary was top shelf and came with sidecar of New Castle "cabbie". The whole experience was excellent.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent bartenders. Excellent food. We all enjoyed our food and drinks. Service was excellent. Would come back again

1 Thank Delta2013