“Great Place for Football”

Meg O'Malley's Restaurant & Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 451 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I recently moved to the area and was out looking for a good place to catch the NFL games. I ended up in Meg O'Malley's and am very happy I did. Good quality pub grub, game specials and a great selection of beers. The staff was friendly and the service excellent. Bartender Paris was fantastic with a great attitude. made a newcomer like me feel very welcome. I know where I will be catching all the future games.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,637)

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just went for lunch. I got the Pub Trinity and she got the Crab & Shrimp Cake sandwich. I loved mine, it was a great way to sample all the delicious entrees. My wife was a little disappointed with hers. She said it was mostly shrimp and the blue crab didn't compare to want she is used to from Maryland where she grew up.
The atmosphere is very cool. I imagine it probably gets pretty rowdy in the evenings if you are into that sort of thing.
We will definitely be going back to try more of the delicious sounding menu.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We enjoyed the food at this bar. It has a good atmosphere and a good selection of beers. We heartily recommend it.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We love going to M O'Malley regular and all is usually excellent. Today, I dropped my husband at the back entry to go park. Forgetting that he had to check in with hostess, he sat down at a small empty table. He was told to leave, which he did and sat at the extra bar rail; immediately another small table became available, but he was never invited to take it or to put his name down;; another couple came in and was sat there. When he commented on it the hostess were arrogant and just offered to call the manager if disatisfied. As usual we had excellent service (Coriine) and food, but believe the hostesses need to be retrained. Thanks!

1  Thank William K
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant except for the noise level is one of the best deals in downtown Melbourne. The other night I ordered the corn beef and cabbage which came out perfect. My wife enjoyed the Irish stew. We both started off the evening with the potato leek soup which is one of the best soups that I had in a restaurant
The only downside we got there about 7:30 on Saturday night and didn't get seated till 10 minutes after eight but after that the food came very quickly and was definitely worth the wait.
They have a very extensive menu and I've never gotten a bad meal there. If you like lamb I Would forgo The Leg of Lamb a Go for the Lamb Chops a Little More Pricey but They Are Superb