“A Must for Irish Food Lovers.”

Meg O'Malley's Restaurant & Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 449 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This restaurant is in old historic Melbourne and comes with atmosphere. The menu selections were numerous and all looked good. I had shepards pie - which I like to compare with other Irish restaurants and mine - it was by far the best I have had (even better than mine). I am going to try to figure out the secret ingredients. My husband had corned beef and cabbage. The servings are generous - we both took some back to our motel to have for lunch. The service was good and everyone was friendly. Will definitely go back the next time we are in Melbourne.

1  Thank TBP84

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We live in Melbourne and dine here often because the food is consistently good and service great as well. if you like beer, you can choose from 30 different draft beers, always good an cold. Try the 18 cent Parliment Bean Soup to start. I remember when it was 17 cents, but that was at least a decade ago. At any rate the soup is a wonderful appetizer for your meal. We have tried everything on the menu with no disappointments. My favorite is the shepherd's pie and the fish and chips. Wait staff is friendly and eager to please. And prices won't break the bank.

1  Thank Lppinky
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We travel to Melbourne often and whether it is lunch, dinner or an appetizer and a beer Meg's is our favorite spot. Recently in town and once again Meg's was great. The 18 cent cup of Parliament Bean soup is always a great start, and whether it is ribs, bangers and mash, corned beef, or a great shepherd's pie or fish and chips you are in for a very good meal at a good price. And the beer is great too!

1  Thank BobfinNH
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a group of 10 coworkers with varying palates. Everyone found something they enjoyed. I had the 18 cent soup and the chicken pot pie served with cooked cabbage. We ate outside and everything was just delightful. The service was effecient and friendly. A friend ordered the scones to go and shared one with me! It was divine!! Great fun was had by all!!

1  Thank 500PlacestoSee
Reviewed November 10, 2012

One night we didn't know what to eat, so we drove by Meg O'Malley's, and decided to have a sit down. We never tried an irish restaurant so we were excited of the menu. The waitress was very friendly and funny. We are a group of five so we decided to order the Chases's twin shrimp, the Gaelic Nachos and the Cheese and Ale Rock for Appetizer. When the waitress brought the Nachos we were amazed, because the plate was huge, and it was delicious. We ate all the appetizers and were stuffed after that. For main we ordered one caesar salad, on sandwich, two sheppard pies and one cod dish. Because of the huge appetizers we couldn't eat everything but it was delicious too. I definitely recommend that restaurant/pub.
P.S. : The Soda Bread is AWESOME ^.^