“No Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I got there at 7. It was 10 minutes and no one came to our table, even though there were several servers going to other tables around us. Another couple came in after us and a server went to their table right away. I had to ask who our server was. A few more minutes later our server came, did not apologize for the wait, got our drinks and took our order. After another 15-20 minutes and another table being seated and getting their appetizers and salad, we still only had drinks. So I threw a $5 on the table for the drinks and told the lady who I believe was in charge of the servers, that it was ridiculous. We had been there 30 minutes, saw two tables seated after us receive their salad, appetizers and bread and we only had Diet Coke and Beer.

4  Thank Wanda B

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Coming from two guys who aren't even that critical with regards to food...this was awful! Nevermind the shack...it could be quaint, and different. The place is dirty...with an inch dust on just about every trinket around. It's loud..really loud. You'll know when your food is about to make it to your table....the cooks scream at the top of their lungs to let servers know the is food ready. You have servers arguing with each other in front of the diners, wearing baseball caps backwards so to sport the thug look, etc. Just terrible... And the food was at best....edible. Save your money, and a disappointment.

3  Thank RayV1_13
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I wouldn't give this place a star if I didn't have to. Last visited BFW in 2010... bad experience then. Gave it another shot on 5/18/2013.... worse experience! Got there at 6:30, waited 45 minutes for a table. Got a table, waited 30 minutes for a drink. Ordered apps....was told it would be awhile for the oysters because the waiter had to shuck them himself! What the WHAT!! Waited another 30 minutes for apps. Ordered dinner.... broiled grouper for me, fried for hubby. Waited ..waited...waited some more. FINALLY at 9 PM we get our meals. What was put in front of me wasn't grouper....and I suspect it was swai.... thin fillet, grey in color, whatever it was was undercooked. I know what grouper looks like.... this wasn't it. Complained and they took it off bill. Didn't take my hubbys off because he was so hungry he decided to go for it. What a shame the staff isn't honest and upfront about what's available and are willing to pass anything off to make a sale. Inspect what you eat there folks! You may be paying for something you didn't get. The table next to us , 6 people, were so dissappointed that they comped their whole meal. Will NEVER go there again or recommend to anyone. Shame on them!

2  Thank gnulife4me
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My review was clouded by the fact that we made the drive here to enjoy dinner and drinks overlooking the river, but weather forced us indoors. The inside certainly isn't fancy but that's not unexpected at a riverfront place like this.

My meal of potato-encrusted drumfish was only acceptable; too much potato covering up what appeared to be good fresh fish. The gumbo was spicy and quite good, and I am quite a fan of good gumbo. The service was friendly enough but overall I'd only choose to return on a nice day when I could sit outside and enjoy the river view.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

local eatery that could use a little cleaning up, but has one menu item that keeps me coming back. The grouper bruschetta is always on the menu and a dependably delicious favorite