“Save your money........”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
West Melbourne, Florida
“Save your money........”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited there after hearing great things about the restaurant from friends. I'm not a fish eater, but my husband was looking forward to the beer battered grouper. Our food took ages to arrive and whilst waiting for our appetizers began to notice how dirty the place was and also how quite a few male members of staff seemed to have some hygiene issues (dirty clothes and looked like they hadn't washed or bathed for quite a while - we even saw one constantly wiping his nose with his hand and forearm en route to the kitchen!).

To be fair, our waitress tried very hard to do her best, but she seemed to be getting very little support from her co-workers. When the food finally arrived, the Cajun Grouper was mushy and undercooked and definitely not worth the $18 price tag. My husband commented that he has had better fish in a bun at McDonalds.

The place does have wonderful views but that is about it. We definitely won't be going there again.

3 Thank SF1965

Tenafly, New Jersey
“Massive disappointment”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Let me set the situation; down here with family and the night before, I wanted to come here since I like experiencing local joints whenever travelling, but got outvoted by family and ended up at Carabba's. So I REALLY wanted this place to be awesome when we pulled in around 5:30pm, Thurs night. Also, I'm a ex-server and definitely very lenient when it comes to expectations. To begin with, the hostess seemed very nice and our server was as helpful and as accomadating as she could be. We ordered peel & eat shrimp, conch fritters, and a dozen oysters on a half shell for appetizers. Waitress said she was going back to shuck the oysters and I thought she was joking, but apparently not. Think about that; your server is in the weeds with drink and food orders, AND he/she has to go back and schuck clams/oysters!! Seriously Bonefish, hire a high school kid to handle the raw bar so your staff can focus on service. Needless to say, apps came out about 20 mins later, the shrimp were swimming in water since the ice had melted, the oysters had shards of shells in them (not sure if that's b/c inexperienced server shucked them or not) and fritters were greaseballs. For dinner we ordered fried grouper, crabcakes, mahi mahi, and chix fingers. The food was completely tasteless, no seasoning whatsoever, which is a shame since it seemed to be very, very fresh. When server checked in I said the grouper was tasteless and she immediately asked if I wanted something else (very nice of her) and I got the coconut shrimp which was also fresh, but tasteless. In summary, good place if you want a nice view of the river and a couple of beers, but Bonefish needs to invest in kitchen staff with passion that care what their food tastes like, someone to shuck the raw bar, and a food runner to help with timing. I will be checking reviews periodically, but until they fix these issues, there is no way I will ever go back...

2 Thank Jamesm1968
Melbourne, Florida
“Going downhill”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Used to love to bring family and out of town friends here. Never again. The place is so dirty with rusted equipment blocking the walkways and an old chalkboard that can't be read. But the worst is the screeching of the "hostess". I'm done with this place and it used to be a favorite.

4 Thank JJHanson
Marion, Virginia
“A GREAT Place for casual dining”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant is a must stop for locals and tourists alike. Casual dining on the deck with your food cooked fresh to order. The Grouper Brochette is the signature dish you need to try. Their homemade key-lime pie tops off any meal you may have. Make sure you ask for Jason for your server, he adds the final touch to the BoneFish Willys experience.

Westborough MA
“Great view, friendly service and tasty food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tasty seafood, good portions. Especially loved the fried oysters.
Nice view of the water and service was excellent.

Visited March 2013