“A GREAT Place for casual dining”

Bonefish Willy's Riverfront Grille
Ranked #43 of 445 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant is a must stop for locals and tourists alike. Casual dining on the deck with your food cooked fresh to order. The Grouper Brochette is the signature dish you need to try. Their homemade key-lime pie tops off any meal you may have. Make sure you ask for Jason for your server, he adds the final touch to the BoneFish Willys experience.

There are newer reviews for Bonefish Willy's Riverfront Grille

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tasty seafood, good portions. Especially loved the fried oysters.
Nice view of the water and service was excellent.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I went to Bonefish Willy's after reading the reviews. We enjoyed it but there were some oddities. It was too chilly to sit outside so we ate in the side room. It was a bit cramped but we had a corner table so it wasn't too bad. I ordered a piña colada but was told that the alcohol was "wine based" and was horrible. I had never heard of that so I switched to just a glass of wine. I have since looked up what that means which is wine with similar flavorings as the paricular liquor and that establishments that only have a beer/wine license and not a liquor license might do this. My suggestion is that they just stick with beer and wine and not have the other drinks on their menu (especially if the server is going to tell the patron that its horrible). I ordered the soup of the day (tomato basil) and 1/2 pound of steamed shrimp. My husband ordered the stuffed shrimp dinner. After a few minutes the server told me that they no longer had the tomato basil soup (note it was only around 6:00 so it wasn't late in the evening). I didn't want their other soups so I canceled the soup order and ate the salad that came with my husband's meal. The salad was good but I'm glad I didn't pay an extra $5 for it. My husband and I were amused when we heard 3 other servers greet other tables after I had my salad telling them that tomato basil was the soup of the day. I even heard 2 people order it and knew they, too, would be later told that it was out (maybe the kitchen should communicate with the servers!). Then the meals came. I gave the restaurant 4 stars simply because we really enjoyed the shrimp. My steamed shrimp were excellent. They were large and I'm convinced I got more than 1/2 pound -- and I ate every one of them! My husband also loved his stuffed shrimp but the island veggies that came with it weren't very good -- I didn't try them but it looked like corn and beans. My husband also had a slice of key lime pie which he said was very good. Overall, we did enjoy our meals.

1  Thank Amy-STLMom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I went back to one of our favorite spots....especially on a gorgeous afternoon when we could really enjoy the outside deck and the wonderful view of the Indian river. We were hungry early and enjoyed the sunset dinner specials, with the warm bread and tasty fresh salads. The food was very good, as we expected and it was a lovely evening.

1  Thank Sherry630
Reviewed March 21, 2013

From the area and the outside I expected a local hole in the wall place. Was nicely surprised by the beautiful deck seating and view as well as the extensive choices on the menu. The sea scallops were delicious as was the seared tuna. The sides were somewhat disappointing as they were beautiful, but not well cooked. Entrees definitely top rate even if slightly pricey.

2  Thank Pam F