“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is not a place to go if you're in a hurry. Yes, servers can be a little slow but it's a small place with an even smaller amount of servers.

We sat inside - too hot for outside the day and time we went - and the atmosphere was cozy and cute. The restaurant is basically in a residential area so it's a hole-in-the-wall type place.

The food was wonderful. My husband got a Grouper special that was served over pasta with bruchetta topping. He said it was very good, not fantastic but very good. I got blackened Cobia that was perfectly cooked and the blackening was just right. It didn't overpower the fish. Our son got Mahi Mahi with a jerk season and loved it. Our daughter ordered a rib eye that was cooked properly and seasoned well.

The sides were fine but nothing to rave about. The baked sweet potato my daughter got with her steak was horrible though. Either left over from the day before or cooked in the early morning and set to keep warm. She was full from the rest of the meal though so we didn't ask for a new one.

The value is fair. The portions are good but it's still on the pricey side. For the four of us, with two of us drinking water and two drinking soft drinks, it was $95.00 before tip. But again, the portions were decent.

2  Thank DMast
There are newer reviews for Bonefish Willy's Riverfront Grille

Reviewed July 19, 2012

. Fresh fish cooked with local flare. Daily specials . Only serve beer and wine.

1  Thank KerryRae
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We read the mixed reviews and decided to give it a try. Yes, you can dine on the water (river/bay) and it's a great view. Yes, the fish can be great, although not everything we ordered was up to par. I would recommend ordering off the kids menu if its an option, the value is excellent. The adult entrees were a little expensive for what we got. Yes, the staff can be slow, they cover a lot of tables. Yes, the staff smokes next to the building. Yes, we saw a cat wander by. These are all the things that set it apart. I wouldn't go too far out of my way to dine here again. If you are up for the adventure I would give it a shot.

2  Thank MemoryCamera
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Dockside Restaurant with outstanding seafood in a rustic setting. I would bill it among the top 5 seafood restaurants on the space coast in quality. Great for special occasions.

1  Thank RickC8_11
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Went there last night with some friends from South Florida. We've had great food here in the past and was hoping our friends would enjoy it. The grouper special is my favorite and our friends both ordered the same things so I got a little nervous. I had no reason since they both loved it! 2 of us got it over fresh asparagus and 1 as normally served, over angel hair pasta. My husband got the swordfish special and he declared it delicious!

We love the food, the location right on the river and the music. As our friends put it, it's the kind of paradise that often takes a local to know exists.

2  Thank Beachsidegirl