“Lovely Locatiom”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 472 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Haven
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have dined at this particular Chart House a number of times, but this was the first in quite a while. It was our anniversary and I had requested a table by the window and they did not disappoint. Our waiter, Tommy, was very nice and accommodating. We had the Crab Mango Stack for an appetizer (I could make a meal out of that alone), and my husband had the Lobster Bisque. Both were excellent, as were the Mango Mojitos. My fish was a bit overcooked and the shrimp had that strange flavor that you sometimes get - don't know why. But overall it was good. My husband had swordfish, which he enjoyed. The entrees could have been better, but the evening was very, very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Justice66

Reviewed July 4, 2013

as all of them. Service is impeccable. The menu and fresh selections are awesome. Great place for special occasion.

1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Popular place - had to wait in the bar even with a reservation, but glad we did. Overlooks the water - birds were fascinating to watch! Seafood was excellent, lobster bisque rocked, nice wine list, service was very attentive. Hilton Hotel comped our dessert -- much appreciated, and provided a perfect capper to our lovely dining experience on our last night in Melbourne.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

To start off, valet parking is a hassle not a help. I could see my car parked 2 rows over but they block the parking lot and make you valet park.
I wanted a seafood dinner and they have a great selection that should be good.
My parmesan snapper smelled so bad when they brought it to the table, I knew I had to say something right then. I asked the wife if it smelled and she said no.
I ate a bite off each end and kept smelling the rotten ammonia smell which I found quickly when I flipped the snapper over. $32.99
My son said he smelled it too when they brought it to the table.
I tried to make this a nice birthday event (mine) and not complain.
2 orders of coconut shrimp were way over done and crunchy. $34.99 each.
The scallops were perfect and worth the money.
The ultimate margarita was more like the bland borarita.
Opted for the lava cake upon the server's recommendation and it turned out to be a $15 brownie with syrup and ice cream.
The server told the dining manager about the snapper and she promptly came over and took my fish off the bill.
I blame the cook and the server for the bad fish too. They had to have smelled the strong odor coming off that plate when it was put on the pass but served it Anyway.
The Cesar salad is not made at the table, it is made at the salad bar right across from the tables. $15 Good salad.
Nice atmosphere, great view and friendly people.
Bottom line -- $288 of poor food and not worth coming back for a second try.
Save your money and go to --- Red Lobster?

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Chart house for celebration, our waiter was wonderful, explained menu to us, let us adapt menu to suit our desires.
Lovely view, caviar at salad bar was wonderful, unexpected treat, drinks, entrees, dessert all perfect.
Worth every penny and trust me cost alot of pennies.

1  Thank spirocarol