“My Favorite Special Occasion Restaurant”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 445 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Haven
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Special Occasion can be a lovely Sunday afternoon sunset. From the time you drive up until your bill is paid, you are meant to feel special. The friendliness of the staff is truly a highlite of this place.

I am a huge fan of the Happy Hour and Early Bird specials. They are the best deals in town, bar none. And they have them on the weekend as well, which is a rarity.

The views are so beautiful and relaxing...dolphins, pelicans, seagulls, wind surfers...they're all there. Salad bar is wonderful and included in the early bird dinner which is a great perk.

To be perfectly honest, the entree's can be hit or miss. For me that can be the low point, but all of the other features more than make up for it.

I would also recommend joining Landry's Select. My table's always ready on time, so far has always been a window and with my favorite server. Even tho I only visit every 3-4 months, I'm always treated like "a regular".

There are newer reviews for Chart House Restaurant

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I came in from out of town and my hosts took me here for dinner. I felt incredibly indulged and over-privileged... wait staff were impeccable and trained to a "T". Food was very good, I had seafood and coming from Boston, felt that it was as well prepared and tasty as anything up north. Lovely view of the water, which made the whole experience. It would have to be a very special occasion for me to spend that kind of money on my own, but certainly for an anniversary, birthday, etc., it makes an incredible impression.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We haven't been to the Chart House for almost 8 years. On a whim we decided to drive the 70 or so miles for dinner at the Chart House and we were not disappointed. We had reservations at 6:00 pm, and arrived about 10 minutes early. We were seated immediately, and much to our surprise we were seated at a table by the windows. After cocktails, I had the oysters Rockefeller, and was not disappointed. They were superb. My wife decided on the Teriyaki Medallions and I had the Callahan prime rib. Our entrees were cooked to perfection. The sides of asparagus and mushrooms were more than adequate, and the Yukon mashed potatoes that came with the entree were delicious. Our server, John, was a true professional and made the dining experience worth while. We finished the night with a creme brulee topped with fresh raspberries. We will not be waiting another 8 years before returning.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is THE go-to restaurant for not only special occasions, but now with their happy hour food and drink menu the Chart House offers a very affordable luxury waterfront restaurant experience for all. Best in class for steak and seafood, river view ambience, table service and consistency in food quality. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been in a number of Chart Houses previously including this one. Not their problem but the road construction makes it difficult to get to. I had a 7pm reservation but was not seated until around 7:30. After seating it was another 15 min before we got serviced. It was so cold in the dining area I had to give my jacket to one of the females in my party. The meal was up to Chart House standards.