“Fantastic Meal”

Chart House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 451 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Haven
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We haven't been to the Chart House for almost 8 years. On a whim we decided to drive the 70 or so miles for dinner at the Chart House and we were not disappointed. We had reservations at 6:00 pm, and arrived about 10 minutes early. We were seated immediately, and much to our surprise we were seated at a table by the windows. After cocktails, I had the oysters Rockefeller, and was not disappointed. They were superb. My wife decided on the Teriyaki Medallions and I had the Callahan prime rib. Our entrees were cooked to perfection. The sides of asparagus and mushrooms were more than adequate, and the Yukon mashed potatoes that came with the entree were delicious. Our server, John, was a true professional and made the dining experience worth while. We finished the night with a creme brulee topped with fresh raspberries. We will not be waiting another 8 years before returning.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is THE go-to restaurant for not only special occasions, but now with their happy hour food and drink menu the Chart House offers a very affordable luxury waterfront restaurant experience for all. Best in class for steak and seafood, river view ambience, table service and consistency in food quality. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been in a number of Chart Houses previously including this one. Not their problem but the road construction makes it difficult to get to. I had a 7pm reservation but was not seated until around 7:30. After seating it was another 15 min before we got serviced. It was so cold in the dining area I had to give my jacket to one of the females in my party. The meal was up to Chart House standards.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not many surprises on the menu. This is a successful chain operation. The difference can be found in the people. Ask the people you meet here and find from valet, to bartenders, servers and management that the staff here must have had the building constructed around them

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to Chart House for Valentines day and made reservations weeks in advance.

We've been many times before and lucky that we have. Road work, rain and poorly lit signs made finding it quite a challenge. Best way to get there is on a boat, as it is located on a marina. By car, it's challenging at best.

We arrived on time (9:30) and they had power problems all night, making our wait time considerable. The hostess told us immediately about the issues and was calling others who had reservations, trying her best to talk them out of coming. It was standing room only in the small entry, with people inside and outside crowed in to avoid the rain. The front desk ladies tried very hard to accommodate everyone, but the manager was obviously angry and yelled at the girls in front of customers, making me uncomfortable and feeling empathic toward them.

Once seated and receiving heartfelt apologies from staff, I noticed the same manager asking a few customers if everything was okay. Even though we spent upwards of $200.00, for two, he never acknowledged us or asked about our meal.

Our server did an exceptional job of moving things along and was appropriately professional and considerate. We started with stuffed mushrooms that were very nice and exactly as I remembered them. We ordered prime rib and lobster for our main meal, with a nice signature drink called, Peach tea. The drink was not too sweet, but nicely tart and tasty. The prime rib was smallish and had a nice flavor, but tough. Mine was cooked med/rare, my husbands was medium. I expected his to be not as tender, but thought mine would be. I was wrong and needed a sharp knife to cut it, not the quality of meat you should expect from prime rib. The lobster on the other hand, was exceptional. It was tender and succulent, not dry or tough. The lobster really saved the meal. We didn't order the salad bar, as it is smaller than it use to be and didn't have much to offer for the price. I noticed only one other couple did order the salad bar out of the entire restaurant while we were there.

All in all, the staff was great under terrible circumstances, but the food left something to be desired. For the price, I'd go elsewhere.

1  Thank DeniseS76