“Very good meal & service”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #45 of 472 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I visited Olive Garden to use a coupon for a free appetizer. We like Olive Garden but find both the service and food at this particular Olive Garden inconsistent. This time we had good food and good service. The stuffed mushroom appetizer we ordered was particularly good this time. My husband had the moscato peach chicken which was grilled chicken breasts with a moscato wine and peach glaze served with spinach, tomatoes and curly pasta in a creamy parmesan sauce with pancetta bacon. He said it was very good. I had the chicken & shrimp carbonara which was chicken and shrimp with pasta in a parmesan cream sauce with pancetta bacon and roasted red peppers which was baked and topped with seasoned breadcrumbs. It was excellent. We both had enough to take home to have a nice lunch during the week. Our server Gina was excellent. She was attentive and very helpful. Hopefully next time we go back we can have the same kind of good service and good food.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just another chain Italian place. Salty, bad service, usually long waits. Lunch is the best time, but don't expect to be out of there in less than an hour.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have always liked Olive Garden and the food has always been average to better than average. We had lunch here today, and I must say, the service was superb and this was during a very busy lunch crowd. Even one of the managers was on the floor helping out and was not afraid to "get dirty." I was impressed by this.

1  Thank VanVlerah
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Yeah...its not real Itallian but your mama can't cook for you all the time and when she can't this place makes the grade. Tour of Italy is your challenge. Very good food, staff is friendly....had only one bad encounter with them when the waiter tried to pass off White Zin as Rose wine. Still don't think he gets it...but the cooks do and they will do you right. Lines are big the closer you get to the weekend.

1  Thank GoofysAwesomeTravels
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is good, we were here a few times and the one time there was a special - all you can eat pasta - which we really enjoyed. The unlimited salad is AMAZING and the garlic breadsticks ... Oh my god ! We went there two times just for salad and garlic breadsticks.

1  Thank Alexander S