“The pizza is really good but, the rest well…not so much.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Leaning Tower of Pizza and Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Cocoa, Florida
“The pizza is really good but, the rest well…not so much.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm not sure I understand the 5 star reviews. I'm am a complete pizza fanatic and I can say that the pizza is really good. And that would be all you needed to know if that was the only thing on the menu. Well, this is what I found:
This establishment has been in the same location for decades (1982) and it shows. The décor is old and dingy and the lighting dark. But, as we all know, the food should speak for itself. After we seated ourselves and greeted the disinterested cooks and server standing there, we noticed that there was a kind of film of grease on everything from the floors to the menus.
From observation, the bulk of their current business is the brisk take-out at the counter for pizzas and calzones, but the sit down dining seems to be almost an annoyance.
What has happened to this restaurant is like so many others. They just don’t turn over enough of the ingredients to keep classic Italian staples like Chicken Parmesan and Lasagna fresh and they suffer. Hence the chicken in the chicken parmesan tasted like an old refrigerator.
We agree with other reviewers (from other review sites) that stated their baked dishes were just a bowl of bubbly grease and tasteless without seasoning. This Chicken Parmesan was totally herb and spice-less as well.
We had one of the only two kinds of beer they had on draft…and it was warm. I do have to say that due to the take out business, the pizza was really good, however the fresh garlic that I ordered as one of the toppings was jarred garlic from the refrigerator and it was rancid. Ouch! We all know how that fine minced brown jarred garlic gets really pungent and nasty after it has over stayed its welcome in the frig right? Well, throw it out right?
When I mentioned that to the owner, (since he asked), he and the cook indignantly stated that it was made fresh every day and no way. Well, I may not be the greatest chef in the world but I’m not an idiot either and that’s just insulting. Sorry guys, I can’t recommend that. When you are busted like that, you just apologize and say you’ll fix it. Wow. Oh, and the beer belongs in the refrigerator too.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chef_Monsterah

Melbourne, Florida
“The pizza is great and so are their bread sticks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I will tell you what Melbourne FL. Has a lot of great pizza locations, but Leaning Tower is right up there. There pizza is tasty, and their breadsticks are to die for. You will leave happy here. There service is top notch, and the pricing is to be expected. So if you come through Melbourne give this pizza shop a try because you won't be sorry. They also have lunch specials daily.

• Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Florida
“Great great great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is hands down the best pizza in Melbourne, and I am a pizza lover. I got a piece from my boyfriend when he had leftovers from a work lunch, and I went crazy! It was soooo good! I have had several pizzas from them since, and they are all amazing! The decor in the restaurant is very 80's, which is cool. I feel like I am stepping back in time. If you have not been here, you have to check it out!

• Visited October 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Pizza this side of the Atlantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pizza NY style but wonderful. You have to go to Italy to get better pizza. Other items such as calzones and strombolies also very good.

Visited December 2012