“yummy”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“yummy”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Ate there tonight! it was great! Nice wine selection. I had the fish and chips. Cod in beer batter. Cod was like butter. Home made fries, yum! Husband had great beet and pear salad, then shrimp over polenta. Homemade corn bread to start. We will be back!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michele G

Melbourne, Florida
“Average decor, OK food, great service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place could be very good but.... The outside is uninspiring [used to be The Burger Place] and the inside decor has nice wall treatments, good color schemes but the industrial look of metal chairs and tables turned me off.The tile floor is a holdover from the burger place, OK but not very classy. There were only two tables with people and if it did get filled up the hard walls and flooring would make for a very noisy place. The place was spotless and the service was great, more reminiscent of a nice restaurant. The menu is limited but since they only serve seafood the selections seemed adequate and the prices were in line with a mid-class restaurant, about $18-20. The food was visually very nice. I had the Red Snapper with coconut curry over Jasmine rice and it was very tastefully presented. However the fish was overcooked so even the good rice side could not make up for that. To be fair, my dining companions all said their food was good and not overcooked. We might go back. and try again but it might be awhile.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Great place - flavorful food - very foodie”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was excellent and displayed in a very attractive way. You can tell it was actually prepared and cooked by chef. The menu was small but this was not a bad thing - the quality of the options was excellent. It has food that is fun to look at and very tasty and flavorful to eat! It's difficult to find a fun eclectic place to eat anywhere around Melbourne - I will definitely go back. The only negative was the decor it was a bit dull shame its not a little more romantic or upscale.

• Visited August 2013
Key Biscayne, Florida
“I sooo wanted this to be good...”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Melbooring, continues to live up to its unwanted but accurate moniker. I gave this relatively new cafe a pass for a few months of opening jitters to resolve. Sadly, it has not.

The dining room is relatively unchanged from its equally disappointing predecessor.

The most warm, read HOT temperature setting ever that I have sat through. Yes, I should have left at that moment of acuity.

Salads, were good if spartan. The roasted beets were the 'star' of the evening. Sublime perfection.

Grouper, was prepared well but small in portion for price charged.

I could go on but why? Maybe the winter crowd will save it but they are more culinary-savy than most of us and I suspect the place will die within 12-months.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Craig L
“Good food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

After reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor my husband and I decided to try The Seafood Place out. We were not disappointed, the dishes we ordered were really good. The jalapeño cornbread they were serving was delicious. Our waiter was very nice and attentive. We will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2013