“Excellent food, service, & ambiance”
Review of The Seafood Place - CLOSED

The Seafood Place
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Savannah, Georgia
“Excellent food, service, & ambiance”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a modern, stylish restaurant which serves excellent food. The menu is very creative and the two dishes we had were delicious. My wife had the fish and chips. Having lived in England, we have a standard to measure against and this dish was at the top. I had the scallops which were excellent and also came with very creative accompaniments - pea puree and sweet potato hash. We also had the Key lime pie which was a delicious take on an old standby. Our server, Jeff, was extremely knowledgeable regarding the wine, as well as the food. Highly recommend this restaurant for seafood and service.

3 Thank TvlRater

Melbourne, Florida
“Amazing food and exemplary service.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I went in after our friends recommended it. I will be honest and say the menu is somewhat limited, but our server explained that since the restaurant was so new that they were trying out different dishes and creating a final menu off of the feedback. So here's the feedback, the food was beyond delicious and our server went and asked the chef if he could offer any alternatives and when she came back I was able to adjust a few things. I ended up with one of the best seafood dishes I have ever eaten. I think the portions are perfect and prices are extremely reasonable.We will return based on our visit and even my husband loved everything, he's usually very picky.

2 Thank KNKRogers
Melbourne, Florida
“Exceptional”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wonderful food, service and atmosphere. In a place such as this I would not expect huge portions like in chain restaurants. The chef obviously puts so much thought and care into his dishes. We were thrilled with our experience and really hope the word gets out about this place. It's a truly great addition to the Melbourne area.

3 Thank Karen B
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went in last week. Since this is my first time writing a review I thought I would take my time. No kidding, the food was great and the service was just as great! I think the whole atmosphere was pretty cool. The attitude was what impressed me to be different than most restaurants in this area.
I read through some of these other reviews. I think the portions are acceptable for the prices we paid.
The owner/Chef is a local guy as I understand it, and he is putting out flavorful and well prepared food at affordable prices. I agree that it deserves more customers. My wife and I will be back as often as they allow us.
Again, really great seafood! Really great, happy and welcoming service! We felt pampered.

4 Thank george j
Palm Bay, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food made with raw talent by a chef”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food here is like no conventional franchise restaurant in town. The dining environment is casual yet intimate. I have eaten here about five times and never had anything less than A wonderful experience. If you want to try a restaurant unlike any other in town, you must try the seafood place.

• Visited July 2013