“Excellent, authentic”

Ranked #87 of 446 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Coming from Seattle, we love our Thai food. This excellent restaurant more than compares. Friends from Melbourne took us for dinner, and we had a wonderful meal. Spring rolls well fresh and crunchy with a nice dipping sauce, our coconut-milk curry with Tofu was excellent - lots of fresh vegetables, and the drunken noodles was perfect. They are also willing to make a dish with ingredients you specify, as one of our party did, ordering a simple beef with broccoli.

Prices are excellent, and it's very pleasant dining on the deck.

1  Thank RainerRock
There are newer reviews for Thai Thai Restaurant

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Arrived without a booking

Very friendly good service

Enjoyed the lovely food well cooked and a nice wine

This is without doubt the best thai restuarant i have been to in the area and frankly the best meal I have had this trip to the USA

Go and enjoy

Service is particuarly friendly

Chris

1  Thank bwlchtocynman
Reviewed January 25, 2012

the rolls are ALL killer guud! the service rocks! the wait staff are efficient and thge sushi chefs r killer.

1  Thank BigJay52
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Looking for a place for lunch and decided to give Don Guiseppe's a try since Crossfire Deli was closed on Sunday. Turned out to be a mix bag of surprises:

Located at the end of an strip mall on the intersection of Wickham Road and Lake Washington. The area looks like some new establishments are moving in while more have moved out.

The inside of Don Guiseppe's was much larger than it appears from the street. They have a large full service bar. We notice two people at the bar and maybe three customers in the restaurant, but it was a Sunday afternoon.

The garlic knots they bring is the very best I have had; crusty on the outside with tons of garlic pieces (which I love) on top, with the inside being warm and soft. Perfect.

We waiting a long time, but I understand from our waiter that everything is made fresh and to order. I could hear the kitchen pounding out a piece of veal. We didn't mind waiting with a couple of Amber Bocks at 2.99 each.

We ordered an 18' Queen Margharita Pizza with sausage and peperoni added to it. The crust was PERFECT...crispy, thin, and cooked right. The disappointing part was what little cheese was on it. My husband said it was made the way they make them in Italy, but honestly, it was WAY too sparse. Just a few circles of mozzarella.

We also tried their Lobster Ravioli alla Vodka. Five large pieces, each with a shrimp on top. The sauce was amazing and I really enjoyed the filling inside. A bit pricey for lunch at $16.99.

The two desserts we got to take home with us (along with half the pizza and a little of the ravioli) was the big disappointment here. The chocolate cake they call "Brooklyn Blackout" was nothing special, nor was their berry cheesecake. The slices were very small, and the flavor just wasn't there. We ended up throwing most of it away

That said, we did enjoy the left over pizza the next day for lunch, as well as the little bit of ravioli.

Also the waiter was slow at everything. We noticed at the bottom of our check they have printed a Sunday and early bird special of $20 for two. Wish we had been offered that when we first sat down, as our bill came to $60.

Try Don Guiseppe for yourself, and post a review...looks like I am the first one to do so.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I love to eat out. This restaurant was recommended to me by someone I met at work (she was a personal chef, so I figured she must know all the good restaurants) and I am so grateful for her because it is now my new fave resto! The decor is modern Asian and has a nice ambience. The first thing I noticed when we walked in were the very unique lighting fixtures. The service is excellent. The waiter that we had the first time we were there remembered us right away, which to me was impressive. We didnt have to wait long for our food. And the food, I love! I haven't tried everything yet as we have only been there twice but so far we had the pad thai (yummy!), the curry dish with mango (very flavorful) and the thai thai chicken (loved the cashews in it). They also have various sushi menus but Im not a big sushi fan so I couldnt comment on that. Overall, I would come back to this place over and over again!

2  Thank jahzeel74