“Cheddars New Restaurant in Melbourne, Florida”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #11 of 449 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I would have given Cheddars an easy 5 star restaurant if not for the noise. The restaurant was very busy and very noisy. The bright side of this remark was everyone was obviously having a great time. The food was good, the service excellent and the decorations of the restaurant were top knotch. I would like to visit sometime when they are not as busy but somehow I think that may not happen. Busy means popular and very popular they were.
Ted

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I purposely went to Cheddar's approximately 3 PM to be there before the dinner crowd. My day was hectic, I was tired, it was my birthday and my first time at Cheddar's of Melbourne. We seated right away. The place was attractive with lots of help floating around. We asked for a booth, which we got. No sooner did I pick up the menu the waitress asked to take our order. I mentioned it was my birthday and we just wanted to take our time and relax a bit. Well less than 2 minutes later she was back again. My husband had a idea what he liked, but I had a few questions. EX: are the mashed potatoes real, vegetables fresh . . ? Again she stood next to us with her check order slips and I felt pressured and ordered. Again there were more employees than customers running around. The food was slow coming, but when it arrived without tasting my food I knew I was going to be disappointed. I ordered a combination dinner with steak and shrimp (Beer Battered) I'm sorry the 3 shrimp were frozen & not beer battered at all. Beer batter should be nice and light and fluffy. My husband also ordered a combination he was not very pleased either. We both got steak on our dish. That was ok but the portions small. The potatoes were real, green bean vegetables canned, the over all portions we ok. No sooner was my plate hit the table the waitress was asking did I want to order my desert. I had not even taken a bit out of my dish - she still needed to ask if my dish was satisfactory to me. Well I was very angry. I worked as a waitress myself for over 20 years when I was a young woman. Also my husband and I eat out more than the average person and we own a deli ourselves. I also own a 5 star rating restaurant back home. I understand that the tables must be truned over as quickly as possible, but I'm sorry that was absolutely bad service. I spoke to the girl kindly and pointed out her mistakes. Despite the fact she ruined my night I still tip 20% I would never return there again. I've also heard others speak of the feeling the same - being rushed in & out. Even if it was the best food in town I would not return because of that.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This restaurant is by far the nicest, friendliest, and best place in town. The decor is just beautiful, the staff is accommodating, and the food is outstanding. We were a group of four out for a nice dinner and could not have been more pleasently surprised. The menu is extensive and everything we had was way above average. Our server Talisha was just great, she had a sense of humor and a bubbly personality that made you feel special. I would highly recommend this to ain the area looking for a quality dining experiance.

1  Thank gregory5220
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Yes, its a very attractive place inside. Yes, its a pretty good value for the money. But NO, the food is not that good -its mediocre at best; and while the drinks taste good, they are alcohol light (perhaps absent). I had never tried Cheddars, and I was curious to see what the fuss was about. Don't be fooled by the consistently jammed parking lot....its packed with folks who value atmosphere and price....exceptional food junkies ( or even people who understand the difference between passable and really good food)...keep driving. I know I am the minority on this one....so be it!

2  Thank GJW184
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a great time at this location. First time visit for all of us - 6 in total. Food was excellent. Great Prices and fast services.