“First time kayaking and I loved it!”
Review of Karen's Kayaks

Karen's Kayaks
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided nature/wildlife kayak tours & rentals. Mobile outfitter- we bring the equipment to you at no extra charge. Over 15 years of paddling experience, American Canoe Assoc (ACA) trained, Florida Professional Paddle-Sports Assoc. Specializing in small intimate groups (2 to 6 avg) to ensure a personal connection with the guide and higher probability of wildlife encounters.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was looking for something exciting to do while in Melbourne when I found Karen's Kayaks. I am very happy that I called Karen asking about a tour that would be good for a beginner. She suggested Crane Creek. I met her, 3 other people and after a few quick lessons, off we went. I was a bit nervous at first, but as soon as we took the right turn into the creek, I was fine. I had a fantastic time kayaking on that beautiful day. We saw huge boats at the marina, beautiful birds, dolphin, 3 gators, many manatee, turtles and a lot of jumping fish. We had so much fun that Karen took us out much longer than expected into the "jungle" area where we had to navigate over logs and under very low plants and trees. I thought, if I can navigate through that, I can do anything. So much fun. Karen is very nice, knowledgeable about the history of the area, and all of the birds, dolphins, gators, manatees, turtles, fish and everything else too. I highly recommend Karen's Kayaks to anyone wanting to do something fun and exciting. I will definitely go again the next time I am in the area.

3  Thank smileygirl
"melbourne area"
"paddling"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife, myself and another couple hired Karen to take us on a guided kayak tour. The equipment was in good shape and Karen seemed safety conscious as well. She guided us up a river where we saw dolphins, turtles and Manatee so close you could touch them. At every step of the way Karen told us about the birds and wild life we saw. I have kayaked all over the world and would honestly rate this trip as good as any on earth for seeing wild life up close. We were amazed at what we could see so close to home and the city.

1  Thank gary r
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had a fantastic afternoon kayaking with Karen. She took us out much longer than expected and showed us everything there was to see (manatees, dolphins,bireds, and an alligator). I would definittely recommend Karen's Kayaking because she is so knowledgeable and extreamely easy to talk to. I look forward to returning next year to try another river. Thanks Karen!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Karen is fun, welcoming and knows the waters in her area so well! We went for a three hour ride and were able to see turtles, manatees, tarpon, dolphins and even an alligator. Certainly a great way to get off the beaten path with couples, friends or the family.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was my first time kayaking on open water and Karen's instruction was fantastic. I especially loved her genuine enthusiasm and appreciation for her surroundings as it made the the experience that much more memorable. She's so knowledgable and easy-going. I look forward to the next adventure! And I'm still thrilled that we got to see dolphins and alligators in the distance, as well as petting and floating among several friendly manatees.

1  Thank Jennifer M