“Great experience”
Review of Karen's Kayaks

Karen's Kayaks
Ranked #2 of 19 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided nature/wildlife kayak tours & rentals. Mobile outfitter- we bring the equipment to you at no extra charge. Over 15 years of paddling experience, American Canoe Assoc (ACA) trained, Florida Professional Paddle-Sports Assoc. Specializing in small intimate groups (2 to 6 avg) to ensure a personal connection with the guide and higher probability of wildlife encounters.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Karen offers several different tours based upon your interests. After talking to Karen on the phone and describing what my family and I wanted to see she suggested the appropriate tour for us (we were interested in wildlife). We kayaked up Crane Creek and came upon several manatees (one of which was a baby) that stayed around for what seemed to be an hour or so. We also had alligators swim past us. Although Karen cannot guarantee the encounters we had she works very hard to accommodate your interests. We had a blast and we were out for over 4 hours. Best of all Karen took photographs so we didn't have to fumble with our cameras then she e-mailed them to us! Karen is very knowledgeable, friendly, and really enjoys what she does. Great fun - can't wait to go back for a different tour!

1  Thank Mike A
in 30 reviews
"herons"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Awesome experience! Especially for my 11 year old daughter and 6 year old son. Karen equipped us with a Kayak that would hold all three of us allowing my mom to go solo. We then set off and Karen's sharp eyes picked up the manatees swimming for the creek we were headed to. We trailed them to their play ground where they swam around us and even came up, right next to the kayak, to look at us. The kids loved it and it was great time and good exercise too.

1  Thank Todd M
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife I were in Melbourne during the July 4th weekend and we booked a Kayaking tour with Karen after reading all the positive review on TripAdvisior and we didn't go wrong!. Karen is knowledgeable, patient and insightful. Apart from hours of fun kayaking she gave us historical tidbits about the area all along the way! We saw couple of manatees and a baby alligator during our tour. If we ever visit Melbourne again we won think twice to call Karen to book another tour!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Sivam R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I first met Karen when she was living in Jupiter. She was my first kayak instructor and she opened up a fun, new world for me. I remember her putting me at ease right away and giving excellent, easy to follow instructions. I decided to visit and explore the Melbourne area and was pleasantly surprised to discover that Karen is now living in Melbourne and is the owner of Karen’s Kayaks. It was so much fun to reconnect with her. She is an amazing guide and a truly wonderful person. She is so knowledgeable and passionate about the environment and enjoys sharing this with others. I had the most incredible day on the water. I saw manatees for the first time and it will be an experience I will never forget. I also got to see dolphins up close and a baby alligator. Karen is very generous with her time and she goes out of her way to ensure that you have a fun time. If you are in the Melbourne area, I highly recommend Karen’s Kayaks. It will be an unforgettable experience! I can’t wait to go back and explore new areas with Karen!

1  Thank Terry L