“Don't Miss This!”
Review of Karen's Kayaks

Karen's Kayaks
Ranked #4 of 17 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided nature/wildlife kayak tours & rentals. Mobile outfitter- we bring the equipment to you at no extra charge. Over 15 years of paddling experience, American Canoe Assoc (ACA) trained, Florida Professional Paddle-Sports Assoc. Specializing in small intimate groups (2 to 6 avg) to ensure a personal connection with the guide and higher probability of wildlife encounters.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We headed out on a Sunset and Full Moon Paddle with Karen last night. What an incredible experience for all of us...but especially my 12 year old granddaughter! This was an easy going paddle fit for everyone from newbies to experienced kayakers. Karen seemed to know just where to go to get the best nature show. Dolphins? Check! Pod of Manatees playing in front of your kayak? Check! Osprey catching dinner? Check! Osprey cleaning their talons? Check! Tarpon? Check! Mullet jumping and skimming? Check! Add a beautiful sunset and a pink moonrise and you have a priceless trip for a nominal fee! We will be back for another tour, both for ourselves and next time company is in town. Thanks to Karen for her humor, knowledge and a super special night!

2  Thank Lynne M
Paddlelife, Owner at Karen's Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Lynne, Thank you for the great review! It was such a pleasure and thrill for me to watch your granddaughter experience so much wildlife and have a lasting memory of her visit. Looking forward to seeing you on the water again!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having never been kayaking, I must admit, I was a little nervous. There were 3 of us out of 7 who had never kayaked before, but I'm so glad we decided to join in and experience this! Right from the start, Karen put me at ease. She showed us all the proper techniques and let us get a feel for the kayak on the water. Once we got into the sanctuary, she guided us through the beautiful waterway! We had the pleasure of seeing pelicans, blue herons, turtles, manatees, and yes, a few alligators! We also had a lot of laughs along the way. By the time we were done, I felt like I had known Karen for years! She was an amazing guide, very patient and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this adventure! Can't wait to do it all over again! Thanks Karen!! From one of the Albany ladies!

2  Thank Jeaniec1964

Thanks for the nice review. It makes me so happy to get new/inexperienced people out and feel comfortable and enjoy kayaking. Your group was a lot of fun and adventurous. It's not everyday you meet people as strangers and in a few hours become friends. Looking forward to seeing you ladies again on your next visit and a Queen Bee show!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have kayaked with Karen several times in different locations...she knows where and when to go and knows the area, wildlife, and much more. On one tour we saw an alligator, dolphin, and were surrounded by manatees. This a safe, layed-back paddle that is geared towards what you want to see and do. Anytime we have company, we book a trip! Karen gives you a big bang for your buck!

3  Thank buckeyetravel1981

Glad you had an nice time. Karen's Kayaks take pride in safety, comfort, and low impact wildlife encounters. Thanks for the great review and being a return customer!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Paddling with Karen's Kayaks is an amazing experience. I had never kayaked before but now I am a repeat customer. Whenever I have company from out of town we hire Karen to meet us at her choice of location - she always knows the best spot to go, considering the temperature, wind, water levels, and wildlife sightings - the beauty of a mobile outfit. I bought my nephew a kayak tour for his 11th birthday for him and 4 friends and they had a blast. Karen had them racing each other and spotting manatees, dolphin, osprey, turtles, and other wildlife. She took a lot of candid photos of the group during the tour and put it together in a beautiful DVD slideshow and mailed it to him later as a souvenir - very thoughtful! The boats are comfortable and easy to maneuver. I was surprised that I could have so much fun right in my home town for only $35 per person.

2  Thank girlsniteout

Happy to hear you enjoy the photographs and CD! Making memories and catching them are a mission in addition to getting people out on the water in comfort to experience nature and wildlife. I appreciate your time to write this nice review and as a valued return customer.