“If you like "healthy" choices, you'll love DIG...”
Review of D.I.G. Bistro

D.I.G. Bistro
Ranked #58 of 449 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Invited my tennis team to go for lunch after our match. Some of the ladies prefer less healthy foods but everyone was very happy with their choices. The server was patient and explained all the choices for those who aren't used to grains and greens that are a bit more "healthy" than just iceberg lettuce, etc.
They serve most breakfast items at lunch and they have mimosas, sangria (unusual and delicous), wine and beer.
The concept is from farm to table and the specials definitely depend on local foods available. Then, they raise the bar and make it nearly gourmet. Delicous!
The prices are good, so try it and ENJOY!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a great little place! Although it was crowded we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch! They have a very unique and fresh menu. Didn't get a chance to try the sangria but brunch is next for us !

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I had lunch at D.I.G. a few days ago. We were not really sure what we were in for but it was amazing! Healthy food can be boring and bland but this was not the case at D.I.G. I enjoyed a Fried Green Tomato BLT and it was "oh so yummy" . My friend had a pita of some sort with all kinds of good veggies and turkey on it. We shared sandwiches but I told her the BLT was the best! I can hardly wait to go back and try something else!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had lunch there with my sister today. Looked and tasted healthier then any meal I have had out in a long time. Unique offerings like pumpkin fries, curry couscous, kale chips....all delicious!! We shared a peanut butter banana smoothie and also had a great desert. The owner stopped by our table. She was really genuine and sweet. My sister and I will definate frequent this place and tap into the catering menu for business needs!

1  Thank Dciccone
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Located at the old Crisper's site, this healthy food restaurant is a welcome addition to our area. On a street overloaded with greasy, high-cholesterol fare, "d.i.g." stands out for its light, vegetable -oriented menu. Moreover, its execution sets it apart from other wanna-be healthy food offerings in the area (of which there are admittedly few). We had the Buckwheat noodles (rated 3-4 by my wife (who is impossible to please)) the Pain Perdu Challah french toast (a 4-5 because it was a bit undercooked) and the Blue Benedict crab cakes (an easy 5+ and better than most seafood restaurants). We had low expectations to be sure, but "d.i.g dirt inspired goodness" holds its own against all the national chains in the zip code. Let's just hope the management is able to keep this restaurant profitable and the quality high as the customers keep flowing in...

1  Thank FloridaFamilyofFive