“Captain Mike FTW!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Airboat Rides Melbourne
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Melbourne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We believe that when you go for an airboat tour that you should experience a real airboat adventure off the beaten path. Your safety is our primary concern but our goal is for you and your family to have an exciting airboat experience while skimming across the river and swamps and to share as much information with you as possible about the alligators, wildlife, birdlife, fish and plant life that abounds on the marsh.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Captain Mike FTW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stopped in Melbourne on our way to a family vacation and booked an air boat trip with Captain Mike on a whim. One of the best vacation experiences we've ever had! The trip was a lot of fun and Captain Mike was friendly and very knowledgeable.

If you do one thing while you're in town, take an air boat tour with Captain Mike!

Indialantic, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had an amazing experience with Captain Mike on the Airboat ride!! Totally worth every penny!! We would do it again in a heartbeat! All of us, including our almost 6 year old son, my husband and I and my parents had an incredible time!!! I would HIGHLY recommend Mike and his tour!!!

1 Thank dregator
Melbourne, Florida
“Wonderful airboat tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Captain Mike was very knowledgeable about alligators and many other plant and animal species in the lake. The weather was perfect, and the scenery was beautiful. We had a wonderful time, and would definitely go again!

Marshfield, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Didn't actually get to take the tour....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family and I visited the Cocoa Beach area the week of Thanksgiving. We were excited to take an air boat tour, but due to bad weather we couldn't get a hold of anyone who would take us out until the day before Thanksgiving. We called and talked to Mike Wednesday morning and he said that he would be happy to take my family (my husband, two girls and myself) out Thanksgiving morning at 8:00. I specifically asked him if my children (age 3 and 4) would be too young to take, and he said that they should do fine and he really enjoyed having kids on the tour. I told him I would speak to my husband and call him back. We discussed it and decided we would like to take the tour. When I called Mike back he said that he had an opening for 12:00 on Thanksgiving and would rather do it at that time instead of so early when it would be cold. Mike said he would call us on Thanksgiving morning and let us know where we would meet to begin the tour.

On Thanksgiving morning we tried calling him at 11:00, 11:15 and 11:45 with no answer. We assumed that he had forgotten or just didn't have the courtesy to call us and let us know that he would be late or couldn't make it. He finally called at 12:15 and said he was on a tour and actually he didn't think that it would be good to take my children on the tour due to the "bad weather". I admit I am not an expert on airboat rides, but the day was nicer and the water calmer than the previous day when he said he would be happy to take my family out. He said that he called several other airboat companies for us, but no one was touring on Thanksgiving. At this point, I felt that he was just coming up with excuses not to take us out and I was done talking to him. I thanked him for his time and told him we wouldn't bother him futher and ended the call abruptly. We never received a call back from him. As a business owner myself, I know I would never have let a conversation with a customer end the way ours did without trying to rectify the situation.

Bottom line: I don't know if this tour is the best thing that has ever happened or if it is horrible. I never got the chance to experience it due to the lack of professionalism and courtesy of the owner. We felt that either he forgot about our tour or just didn't want to take us out and didn't really care about us as a customer because we probably wouldn't be return customers since we were tourists.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Erin L
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bucket List Excursion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

First AirBoat ride for both my husband and I. As Colorado natives, it was amazing to see alligators in the wild. We also saw huge blue herons, osprey and other wild life. However, the simple beauty of floating along the top of the water, surrounded by beautiful greenery and a bright orange sunset really made the trip. Our guide, Mike, was knowledgeable, funny and friendly, and we learned a ton listening to him share. He even gave us a great recommendation for a local rerstautrant after the boat ride. Bucket list for sure!

Visited November 2013