“Highly recommended for a couple's time out”

Tandoor Fine Indian Cuisine
Ranked #140 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am an Indian, so i wouldnt rate it as authentic Indian taste.. but it was tasty food. The ambience of the restaurant is very good. The chutneys served with papadam were very tasty. The curry is more creamy than I expected, more so since recipies handed down to me by generations consist of coconut cream, but that added a very unique and nice flavor to the dishes.

2  Thank Deepika R

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was delighted to see that instead of another Italian restaurant opening up in the vacant shopping space was an Indian restaurant that up till now had not been represented in our area. The interior was a clean, contemporary minimalistic design with tablecloths and soft lighting. No garish bollywood design but rather a peaceful relaxing enviroment. The owner is an Indian chef who has been classically trained and has worked at major hotels and was with a cruise line for ten years. His food is fresh, with a sampling of dishes from both northern and southern India. The servers were helpful in explaining the dishes, attentive to your needs and pleasant in their demeanor. While not an expert in Indian cuisine, I did recommend this restaurant to a friend who is and they thought it some of the best Indian food they had ever had. I have visited this restaurant on several occassions and have enjoyed the food everytime. Note the number of Indians dining and you realize they may be the best advertisment to the quality and taste of the food. Currently, there is not a liquor or wine license but have been told this is to come. While this is not a negative to me as you can enjoy other Indian inspired drinks, I think the addition of a liquor license would be more appealing to a wider audience. The owner has shown his talent, skill and competency in both the front of the house as well as in the back and we wish him well in his new venture. This restaurant is a plus to the dining scene in Melbourne.

2  Thank Jetsetters4
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had dinner last night for the first time with a small group of friends that highly recommended it. They have taken care to create a nice ambiance with comfortable seating, nice decor, and a 'no rush' to hurry and get you in and out attitude. Love that! The food is superb! I have not really enjoyed other Indian restaurants in this area as I have had much better in other places I have lived. I am so happy this place has opened here.
I tried several dishes including several of the Tikis. Tiki chicken, tiki paneer, (also the 4th one down on the Tiki menu was excellent but cannot remember the name). In addition I tried their chicken tiki masala and had an order of roti. I cannot wait to try more. :) I highly recommend this restaraunt particularly if you love this type of cuisine.
I should mention dishes ranged from $10-$14 on average with plenty to share or take home. And, the service was excellent.

2  Thank Love2Trek
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is the best Indian Restaurant in Brevard. Superb food, Classy decor and extremely helpful staff. I was born in SriLanka and was brought up in the UK - so I've tasted a lot of good Indian food, and this is up there with the best. The staff are attentive, polite and accommodating. This is a brand new place and they will have their liquor license the first week of November. My wife and I are so thrilled there is a top quality Indian restaurant in Suntree/Viera!