“Wow! Great Italian food!”

Cerrato's Italian Market and Deli
Ranked #71 of 446 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this little gem as we were searching for places to order out from our workplace nearby. We could not have been happier to discover this. The Italian subs are to die for. Fresh baked rolls were awesome and yummy Boars Head meats and cheeses. Their portions are large. An 8" sub is more like 10" and stuffed full of deliciousness. We frequent this establishment at least once a week to pick up subs for our department and we are now loyal Cerrato's followers!

There are newer reviews for Cerrato's Italian Market and Deli

Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a fantastic small deli this is, we visited for the first time and felt as we were eating in a small restaurant in Roma. The bread, pasta, and sauces are all made in their kitchen. Even the Mozzarella is made there. Everything, specially the spaghetti marinara was great. My wife had an Italian sub which was great, but then we discovered homemade strombolii, We are there again next week to sample this fare.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This time I took friends and they loved it too! Do yourself a favor and check this deli out! I am glad there is another review not to make me seem so one sided! They subs are amazing makes me remember my youth in NY!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stopped at Cerrato's for a sub several times. They have hot and cold subs that come in 8" or 12" sizes. I have a huge appetite and the 8" is sufficient. The subs I have had have been very full and oozing melted cheese. They have been excellent. In addition to subs, they have soups, salads, pasta dishes and home made desserts. Cerrato's also features a selection of Italian food items --- packaged, canned and frozen and of course meats and cheeses. It is an informal place with a couple of tables and food to go. The atmosphere is non-pretentious and simple. Service is good and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This place is amazing it is wonderful! When you walk in and smell the fresh bread baked on site and your sub has a warm roll that is the way you like it hard but not to hard and chewy not too chewy. If you like large portions it is amazing!! Give them a try and you wont regret it the only thing I regret is living so far away.