“The food was great and authentic...and I am picky about my mexican”

Ranked #203 of 438 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Mexican
Indialantic, Florida
“The food was great and authentic...and I am picky about my mexican”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I visited this place for the first time from a suggestion of a friend. It is located on a strip mall by the Del-s Freeze...don't blink or you will miss it.

This review is from the perspective of searching for authentic Mexican food from the Colorado/New Mexico style of cooking. Any fan of mexican food knows that Mexican food is different depending on where it comes from. My husband started out with the Menudo (which they serve on the weekends)...my husband was extremely pleased with the flavors that they produced in the menudo and the only thing that would have made it perfect would have been the addition of hominy (which we found is not found in any of the menudos in Florida). The corn tortillas were freshly made and thick. I had an horchata (actually 2)...which were great.

For lunch he ordered a carnita burrito with refried beans and rice...all fresh. I had the chile verde (which is my compass for rating any mexican restaurant)...it was delicious, fresh, and pretty much perfect. I also ordered mexican scrambled egg (no cheese)...I cannot say it is the prettiest dish but it was DELICIOUS...scrambled eggs, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes with flour tortillas. The salsa they served was flavorful and a little spicy.

We also ordered some take-out...I ordered the carne asada tacos and my husband had the tacos al pastor...both tasted fresh once again and it was hard to stop eating them.

The only reason I did not give it a 5 (I wish i could give a 4.9)...is because of the kids...they had food off the american menu which they didn't eat because they didn't think it was very good due to the ketchup. I know...I know...they couldn't eat their chicken and fries without ketchup and because it was not Heinz ketchup...instead it was some kind of mexican ketchup...it was a waste of money for us and we know we can't take them with us (unless we bring our own ketchup). So it creates a limit on when we can go...or if we just get take-out.

Service was great and it didn't have that mexican restaurant smell (like menudo has been cookign for a few days)...the kids actually said it smelled like a hotel. I hope more people discover what a great place this is and keep it in busy. It is almost impossible to find a clean, authentic, fresh Mexican restaurant in Brevard County until now.

• Visited August 2012