“Good Food and Friendly Service”
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #7 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food was good. I had the wedge salad with blue cheese dressing. It was delicious and feeling. My husband had a roast sandwich and he enjoyed it. The tater tots were average. Candy was overpriced. All in all it was a nice place to have lunch at. Although it was a little hard to find with the GPS but it was around the corner from Nomad.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place has a very cool atmosphere to it, I like it. There's all kinds of goodies inside too! We sat on the upper deck and my friend loved her salad with fish and my burger was great. One warning about the upper deck though, if it is a hot and sunny day, sit at a table under the tarps they have hung up, the ones under the sun are like hot stovetops....

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great restaurant! Upper deck is great. Great view. Over 60 beers on tap! Great beer selection. There is also a full liquor store in the mansion with almost any beer you can imagine!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had dinner on the rooftop with several colleagues last week. The service at the bar and table was excellent, the food was very good, the drinks cold and the atmosphere perfect for either couples or large groups.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friends and I went to The Mansion for lunch in mid June. The first issue the restaurant has is parking. It is atrocious. Note to restaurant management: consider valet parking at lunchtime. I entered the area and could not find the hostess. I was looking for my friends so I did a quick look on the outdoor courtyard and then up the stairs to the upper deck area - they weren't there. I noted that there were several tables open in both locations. I went back downstairs - still no hostess to be found and walked into the bar area and found my friends who were waiting for a table.

My friends had put our names down to be seated out in the courtyard. We ordered some beverages in the bar where it was freezing. The waiter encouraged us to have lunch in there. Then the hostess "forgot" about us - and couldn't remember where we wanted to sit - inside or outside! The same tables that had been open earlier when I glanced in the courtyard were still available. I wondered why we weren't treated more respectfully...and to put it delicately, I wondered if it was because of our ethnic mix. We were the only group that had different ethnicities in the entire place.

Finally we were seated. Our waitress was outstanding. She explained the specials and had a great understanding of the menu. The service was superb and the food was outstanding. They have specialty desserts and the four of us split a brownie ice cream dessert and it was delicious.

I will be moving to this area soon, and I was so disappointed in the first impression I had of the restaurant that my initial thought is to pass on The Mansion in the future. BUT, I will give it one more try because the food and our waitress really was outstanding.

Note to management: I WILL write a follow up review when I return. I hope the impression I receive this time is one of welcoming and that you are delighted to see me, as well as the rest of your customers who CHOOSE to dine at your place.

1  Thank 15degrees