“Food ( Home Run ) Service ( A Strikeout )”
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #8 of 443 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kissimmee, Fl.
“Food ( Home Run ) Service ( A Strikeout )”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I frequented The Mansion Sunday Feb 9th. I knew of the restaurant having explored it on it's web site. I also read reviews from Trip Advisor. So we impulsively set out to take a ride from Kissimmee, Fl. to Melbourne, Fl.. When we found the establishment we had three choices of dining areas. First was inside on the ground floor, second was outside on the ground floor, third was on an outdoor deck with beautiful views of the intracoastal waterway and the bridge on 192 leading to Melbourne Beach two stories up. When we reached the deck there wasn't anyone to seat us so we seated ourselves. A server saw us and said he would be with us shortly. Well it took a pretty good while and another server brought us menus and silver ware taking our drink orders.No exaggeration, a good fifteen minutes elapsed and no sign of our server. I see the original server and tell him about our missing drinks. They arrived in less than five minutes. So it took twenty minutes for that to happen. While our server dropped off the drinks iced tea for one, no sweeteners available until we asked for them also no salt and pepper until we asked for them as well. I ordered our food choices thinking that could take another twenty or so minutes. We ordered an antipasto for the app, my wife selected the steak fajita sandwich, and I the roast beef melt. The app arrived in less than ten minutes followed by the entree sandwiches. The antipasto was good, it included a few slices of genoa salami, sopresatta, calamata, stuffed green olives a few small pieces of mozzeralla & provolone cheeses, an olive salad and two pickeled cauliflower pieces. The price was twelve dollars. The steak fajita sandwich was very good saith my wife and the roast beef melt was good also. Both sandwich halves came home with us, so the portions were very ample. I ordered a Rum Runner on the rocks. It was probably the worst I ever had. It lacked the flavor of the liquors involved. I guess I threw the bartender a curve when I asked for rocks instead of the pre mixed frozen type. I don't know why bartenders have a tough time with drinks that include more than two liquors, it's like trying to find a Long Island Iced Tea made properly,( the secret is the right amount of cola that allows it to taste like tea, former country club bartender ) Overall we will go back for the view was spectacular especially with the blue skies that almost seamed foreign after the past few weeks here in sunny Florida. The food was a good reason as well.

• Visited February 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I live in the area and we frequent the Mansion for drinks and lunch at least once a month. Every time we have company visiting we take them to the Mansion and now every time they return they want to go back! The Bavarian pretzels with cheese and mustard are a reasonably priced starter that are soooo good. We always sit on the rooftop deck (no kids allowed) unless of course it's raining. Great views of the Indian River and the causeway from this vantage point. There are multiple inside and outside seating options. Food is good, views are nice, service is hit or miss. Excellent and expansive craft beer menu. Only consistent downer is the music which consists of a strange mix of show tunes, disco and whatever else. Just weird

• Visited January 2014
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great wine and beer selection”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been to The Mansion several times, they have a great selection of wine by the bottle, as well as, a great selection of beers. I had for New Year a crab cake with a mango relish that was out of this world. Was not fried, and came with a bowl of chips. I was not really hungry but could not stop eating the chips after the crab cake was gone.

• Visited January 2014
“outdoor patio dining”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Thank goodness for outside seating on balmy Florida days ! There are not too many places in the area where you can feel as if you are having lunch in someone's backyard patio. The atmosphere is comfortable and warm, and the patio is surrounded by greenery. In another outdoor section, on the rooftop, you can see the blue waters of the Intracoastal. The beautiful old mansion, itself, is a stately reminder of Old Florida. Try the patio, rather than some cold, air-conditioned , dark restaurant. The menu is varied , too. It's all about atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Scenic Melbourne”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I live in Melbourne. If someone visits me this is one of the must places to take them. The food and drink is special and interesting, and the experience of the Big Mansion is unique. A converted house of 100 years ago it now has several outside, covered patios and “The Tavern”, the indoor eating area featuring a 60-tap beer bar. A full deli, which you can get "to-go" if you want. And part of that is an extraordinary selection of wines and liquors for sale or sample at the small, but exquisite, "tasting bar". And then take the 27 steps up to check out “The Terrace”, the scenic outdoor rooftop deck with full views of the Indian River Lagoon, Melbourne Harbor and beyond to the beach/ocean. Surrounded by palm trees and ambiance you can pick open or covered tables or sit at the deck bar. No matter what you choose you are going to be exposed to a memory you will not forget. Have some time to enjoy the experience. Gary G.

• Visited December 2013