“Great dinner”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Parking was difficult due to construction in the area. Otherwise, service was wonderful, food was good and plentiful. Server was knowledgeable of menu and beers. Great experience

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Chose The Mansion for a birthday celebration and quickly discovered that we made the right choice. We were seated promptly at a cozy inside table, the service was impeccable, and the food was outstanding. We even ordered desert, which is very unusual for us. After dinner, we enjoyed the view of the river from the rooftop bar, topping off a great night. Whether you're looking for a casual night (or day) out or celebrating that special occasion, The Mansion is the place to go.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice place to eat out, quiet and worked well for a group of 8. Very courteous staff and well cooked and presented food, particularly the fillet steaks which had many positive comments around the table. Various rooms and exterior dining available.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of the more interesting restaurants that I've dined in. I have been there several times now and each time I learn something different about the place. For instance I found by talking to the workers they are very proud and happy to tell you some of the heritage about the place, you merely have to ask.
First time there I had asked about walking through the place to our server, and he said we encourage that, and hope that people will stop a minute, and take a look around. I found it was an old historic home with interesting architecture and very well done rooms, with a large volume of various wines, probably a thousand beer choices, if you look down the beer hall, and several well done eating areas, as well as a deli, which I thought was rather odd, but it all combines extremely well.
We enquired about the bottled wine, as the prices were very reasonable. We were told the owners pride themselves on keeping the prices low, as they say, why should people pay more here, when they can go a mile down the street and get the same wine cheaper. "Bravo to that I say."
From what I could learn the present owner bought the place sometime in around the 70's and found the structure in very good condition, so cleaned it up and added on some for the restraurant.
There is a good river view from the outside second story eating area, and the first floor was set up to feel like eating in a garden, which they have done very well. There is also inside dining, which also was very well done, with two bars, one on each level. Service was excellent, and the portions were a good size. Of the three times I've dined there now, and though the menu was varied, the meal was very good to excellent. In fact the last time there I had the steak and it was probably one of the best that I've had in a very long time, and it was very large.
I will be going back and very soon. My compliments to the owner on having such a great vision, and doing such a great job.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Attended a Gaduation party for 30 people and everything was done to perfection. Food, service, and atmosphere made for a pleasant party. A great place just to stop for lunch or hold an affair even a small wedding. Will definately go back again.