“good food - interesting historic building - will definitely go there again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mansion

The Mansion
Ranked #9 of 431 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cary, North Carolina
“good food - interesting historic building - will definitely go there again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Mansion was a pleasant surprise. We had heard that this location had previously been the Strawberry Mansion but that name is history and certainly doesn't describe the current restaurant that has a tavern, wine store, beer store, deli, several different eating areas, and 60 beers on tap. We chose the rooftop dining area and had a great view of the causeway and the water – a little breezy but that was our choice. The menu was straightforward and our sandwiches and fish tacos were fine. If you don't want to be overwhelmed by a listing of 60 draft beers (many of which rotate on and off), you may want to check their web site http://www.thebigmansion.com/ and decide in advance. Our waiter didn't seem that familiar with the beer listing and maybe we should have started in the tavern with the bartender to try some different options but that's a minor point. Whatever you do, make sure you walk around the various floors and see everything they have – it is worth your time and you will probably be going back.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank twofromNC

St. Louis
“What a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Our waitress at our hotel suggested this place. She drives by it after her shift and it is always crowded. So we thought why not?? Went for dinner and sat on the roof, amazing view. Slightly chilly. Some people moved inside because of the coolness. I always bring a sweater, even in Florida. We ordered the mushroom bruschetta appetizer (our waiter suggested). Wonderful.
For dinner I ordered the chicken half (the little hostess said it was her favorite) and it was great. My husband had the catch of land which was a pork po boy. It was huge, ate the leftovers the next day. One thing I found was that everyone was so helpful. When we were leaving I was searching for the restroom. The tall hostess, walked over to the area near their deli. I was impressed just not telling me but going over with me to make sure I found it. The guy behind the deli was so friendly sharing a menu with me for the deli.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank stlshelley
Warren, VT
“A perfect spot and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I cannot say enough about the newly opened The Mansion in Melbourne Florida.

The main level has multiple outdoor seating areas. Inside the ground level is the restaurant, a deli, a beer room, a wine bar and a bar.

We went upstairs and sat on the top deck which has a bar of its own.
Aaron, our server, was very helpful and always smiling. They even make runs downstairs to the larger tap bar to get special beers from the 60+ menu.

Our appetizer of pretzel sticks with mustard and lager cheese dip was actually 12" long pretzel bread 'loaves' with an amazing cheese dip and mustard.

My wife got the salmon BLT and even the ciabatta bread was perfect. I had the fish tacos and was impressed with the dirty rice.

I cannot say enough about the quality of ingredients and spices in each of the four dishes (and two appetizers) we had.

Truly high quality and above-and-beyond service make this a favorite of our two weeks on Florida's Atlantic coast.

1 Thank vhsteve
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Good food and beers... oh ya cool little view! The app was the Ahi Tuna Cups so good, will have them again! The pork chop wow yummy and the fish tacos. Every thing we had was very good the price you could not beat with the huge portions plus 60 beers to choose. I had no room for sweets but will save room next time. If you have to wait or need to walk off all the food, the neat little wine and beer place next door to cool, there is also a cool little window to watch the controlled madness in the kitchen, of all the amazing yummy food being prepaired.

1 Thank CharlestonFoodSnob