“Second time was better than first”

Grills Riverside Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar
Ranked #6 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010. Obsession Fishing Charters was started in 1986 out of Port Canaveral Florida, from what is now known as Sunrise Fish, Dive, Surf. The business expanded in 1992 to include a head boat fishing vessel, Ocean Obsession II. In 1994, Dolphins Leap was purchased and renamed Sunrise Marina. Constant improvements to Sunrise have been made since its purchase. Including 140 mph wind proof storage buildings installed in 2005, new floating docks and a 24,000 lb forklift to launch boats. After the acquisition of Sunrise Marina, in 1997 Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar was built on the waters edge of the marina. The restaurant was an immediate success and has continued to be improved and expanded. In the summer of 2010, we open our Grills Riverside in Melbourne, Florida. The location features a beautiful waterfront view, convenient boat and sea plane access. Both restaurants feature the same awesome menu, local musicians and artwork.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Grills is a restaurant so I don't want to overlook the good food. My husband and I had seafood both times and it was excellent. Service was average, no one went above and beyond in terms of customer service. The first time we ate here we froze! In addition, it was very dark inside. It was so un-enjoyable I was not about to return. I did, however, and I'm glad I did. This time they did not have the air conditioning on and had the windows open. The restaurant sits right on the river so it is a beautiful atmosphere when you're not freezing. We went for lunch this time. I probably wouldn't return for dinner because of it being so dark however lunch was just fine. They also have a large patio that gets filled very quickly. It is perfect to sit outside on a beautiful December afternoon on the river.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been dining at Grills for the past several years and they are nothing if not consistent. Any of their fish entrees are fine. I really enjoy their bacon wrapped scallops. Their fresh fish Reuben is moist and flavorful. For something different you have to try their shark kabobs diner. No fishy taste and more of a mild one. The only down side to Grills is that their drinks are a little lacking. But if a pleasant river view is on your list this place is hard to beat.

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife, daughter, and in-laws, who are snowbirds in Indialantic. Lunchtime food was tasty and the outdoor table was nice. Live music was nice touch and not too loud.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Parents live locally and this is always a stop when I am in town. Decent food and waterfront location. Prices are reasonable and seafood is fresh and tasty.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a burger at a seafood joint, but it was really good. I got it medium well, and it wasn't dry. The meat was seasoned well and I didn't even need to add ketchup. Will definitely come back when I am in the area.