“A Pretty Good Mahi Mahi Fish Sandwich”

Grills Riverside Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar
Ranked #6 of 443 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010. Obsession Fishing Charters was started in 1986 out of Port Canaveral Florida, from what is now known as Sunrise Fish, Dive, Surf. The business expanded in 1992 to include a head boat fishing vessel, Ocean Obsession II. In 1994, Dolphins Leap was purchased and renamed Sunrise Marina. Constant improvements to Sunrise have been made since its purchase. Including 140 mph wind proof storage buildings installed in 2005, new floating docks and a 24,000 lb forklift to launch boats. After the acquisition of Sunrise Marina, in 1997 Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar was built on the waters edge of the marina. The restaurant was an immediate success and has continued to be improved and expanded. In the summer of 2010, we open our Grills Riverside in Melbourne, Florida. The location features a beautiful waterfront view, convenient boat and sea plane access. Both restaurants feature the same awesome menu, local musicians and artwork.
Dayton, Ohio
“A Pretty Good Mahi Mahi Fish Sandwich”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and another couple stopped by this riverside restaurant after a nice day of touring the barrier islands. The sunny afternoon was pleasant. We ate inside but had a fantastic view of the river. Even though it was crowded on a Saturday afternoon, we were seated promptly and the wait staff was very accommodating and efficient. My wife and I both had the Mahi Mahi fish sandwich which came with potato chips and a dill pickle. My friend had a Mahi Mahi reuben which seemed good too. My meal was very good and reasonably priced. We toured the premises: Tiki Bar and wooden sidewalks along the river's wharf. I recommend this place.

• Visited February 2013

Twinsburg, Ohio
“Outstanding lunch with a 'Tiki' atmosphere”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went for a group lunch. This is waterfront, with a great view. Dining in or out, and a Tiki bar.
We chose to eat inside as it was slightly below normal tempature, I ordered a grilled Mahi fish sandwich. If you can describe a fish sandwich as wonderful, this would be the one! Deliciously prepared, ample size on a very pleasant roll. I wish I would have ordered a cup of the Bahamian Fish chowder. Others in our party did, and raved about it. It looked absolutely great.
Service was satisfactory, as we were seated, waited, and served promptly. Great place for lunch, and also looked like it might be a great Tike experience.

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Finally Got Around to It; So Glad I Did”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place is literally a few miles from my house up along the river on US-1. I had seen the building but never knew that this is what it was.

As we pulled up, we saw the inside seating area and the deck, which is all kind of vast. The building and its property are enormous. At early evening its considerable parking was also kind of packed, and I saw plenty of nice cars which led me to assume why I had never been there.

This is the big barrier of entry. This isn't a place to eat if you don't have money. It's at least 10-20%. That doesn't mean that it isn't worth it; it's at least 30-40% fresher and tastier, more unique and more fun than any other casual dining or theme restaurant you'd otherwise be spending your money on.

I can't speak with veracity on claims of how the food is prepared, but aside from being inventive, it all tastes like it was made fresh, with a proper cook and his team dictating how everything is to be prepared. And it all comes out that way, in a reasonable time!

Our server also didn't look like a server, or like she was clearly associated with the place in any way, but she had a good mostly sincere attitude, only screwed up one drink order (a nitpick, having ice when asked for none, which she later corrected without having to be told) and facilitated our meal in a timely manner.

One of the "big sells" of this place though is its location. They are both proud and excited to have gotten the property, you will read on the menu, and its shows -- you will be too! Everything is really open and spacious; inside the ceilings are high and outside there are little coves or "sub-areas" to break off into. There's a nice bar and a space for live music, and don't forget that it's all waterfront.

The TVs if you need them as a sports fan, and are numerous, but it isn't ridiculous like Beef of Brady's; if you want them they are there, but they're not obnoxiously in your way, and they seem to have chosen fewer larger ones over many home-sized ones.

Later into the evening, as we were leaving, they got a few huge parties and I was astonished to see that, while the place was PACKED...people stacked on top of people...it literally felt like half the city was there...I never once felt closed in, claustrophobic, or like it was tough to move around. And everyone else seemed just as chilled and relaxed as we were. Not to mention, there were two of us, and because initially they had room we were given a proper table and not forced into some two-seater Wendy's booth hidden in a corner somewhere.

It's not the sort of thing I could do often, however worth it that it might be, but I am happy to know about it and have had such a nice experience, because now I have one more for the arsenal when people ask about some place to dine when they're in our area.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Go for the view...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

and skip the food. If you must eat, I'd suggest keeping to a plain grilled fish. If there's a band playing out on the deck, forget about having a conversation even if you're sitting inside. I've gone here twice and that's it for me.

• Visited October 2012
Millersburg, Ohio
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were on vacation visiting family in the area. Loved the location and was "wowed" by the food. We had lunch and I ordered their grilled fish sandwich. It was some of the best fish I have ever eaten... very well prepared. The waitress was very attentive and could not do enough for us. The next time I am in the area I will definitely return.

• Visited January 2013