“Go for the view...”

Ranked #6 of 455 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Established in 2010. Obsession Fishing Charters was started in 1986 out of Port Canaveral Florida, from what is now known as Sunrise Fish, Dive, Surf. The business expanded in 1992 to include a head boat fishing vessel, Ocean Obsession II. In 1994, Dolphins Leap was purchased and renamed Sunrise Marina. Constant improvements to Sunrise have been made since its purchase. Including 140 mph wind proof storage buildings installed in 2005, new floating docks and a 24,000 lb forklift to launch boats. After the acquisition of Sunrise Marina, in 1997 Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar was built on the waters edge of the marina. The restaurant was an immediate success and has continued to be improved and expanded. In the summer of 2010, we open our Grills Riverside in Melbourne, Florida. The location features a beautiful waterfront view, convenient boat and sea plane access. Both restaurants feature the same awesome menu, local musicians and artwork.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

and skip the food. If you must eat, I'd suggest keeping to a plain grilled fish. If there's a band playing out on the deck, forget about having a conversation even if you're sitting inside. I've gone here twice and that's it for me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were on vacation visiting family in the area. Loved the location and was "wowed" by the food. We had lunch and I ordered their grilled fish sandwich. It was some of the best fish I have ever eaten... very well prepared. The waitress was very attentive and could not do enough for us. The next time I am in the area I will definitely return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

While visiting my brother and his family for last week, a party of 6 of us went to the Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar Riverside to celebrate our birthdays. The food was fantastic along with the staff. They were very busy but still offered excellent service. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I only wished that the weather had been better so we could have eaten out on the deck along the river. Maybe next trip.....

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Go for the view and drinks at lunch or sunset or any time of day. Great place for relaxing and just chilling out by the river. The service was slow and the food was okay. The clam chowder had good flavor, but was definitely on the thick side. The seaweed salad with the seared tuna was fresh and had a spicy kick to it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Grills is usually a pretty lively place, often with live music at the outdoor bar ( which can be too loud, so watch it). The outdoor bar and dinner seating area is very nice with it's nautical/tiki theme. It's big and open yet cosy. Super river view and walk down to the pier. Food has always been good and priced about average to a little higher than average. Portions are not big but OK. Bottom line: well worth the visit.