“It was okay”
Review of Mimi's Cafe - CLOSED

Mimi's Cafe
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lakeland, Florida
“It was okay”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is my second time here, the first time was much better. I got the pasta all carbanara and I have never tasted it made this way before. Maybe that's just how they make it here, but it is very easy to make and it tastes better at home.
The service wasn't bad, and it was a very comfortable atmosphere. But all in all, probably won't be going again because the boyfriend didn't like his burger at all.

• Visited January 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Disappointing New Menu”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The new menu has very limited selections for dinner - a lot of our favorites have been removed. The dinner menu is now mostly sandwiches and salads. The portion sizes have also been decreased. My wife's chicken pot pie had chicken, but not much in the way of vegetables. This restaurant is dramatically different than it was 6 months ago. It used to be one of our favorites. We'll probably still come here for the occasional lunch, but doubt we'll eat dinner here again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank FLtallguy
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Invited here by friends, we spent a pleasant lunch in a comfortable surroundings.
The staff was friendly and our waitress tentative without being overbearing.
The food arrived quickly, very warm and tastefully prepared. My wife's tomato bisque had to be home made, as it simply 'melted' in the mouth. The salads were divine. My bouillabaisse was one of top 5 consumed in the US and rivaled those in its home country.
Definitely recommend to friends and a keeper!

• Visited December 2013
Cocoa, Florida
“The new menu stinks! The service has gone down hill. Probably won't go back.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Mimi's for several years. We love the food and usually get excellent service. We went in late December 2013, and stood at the host podium for 3-4 minutes with no one around. When we were finally seated we found the menu had changed. I am allergic to shellfish and all but 2 of the non salad appetizers are shellfish. Many if the entrees have shellfish. So, I ordered the pot pie and was told they were out of it. Not having much more to choose from I ordered the Madam Burger which was pretty good. I had to doctor it up some though. When it arrived, it had a very small dab of thousand island dressing. I had to add mayo and mustard to get any flavor. It was cooked right, but when I touched it the egg exploded out the side and made quite a mess. When the server brought the bread, we were told they were out of baggettes and only had the walnut raisin bread. My husband is allergic to walnuts. We asked if there were any other bread choices and the server brought 2 slices of garlic bread. My husband ordered salad and it was brought out with the main dish. We had to ask for napkins and saw another customer get up to find his own napkins. We probably won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Very Disappointed in Menu Change”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Mimi's has been our go to place ever since we moved to Florida starting with the Fort Myers restaurant. We have enjoyed the food and the menu for the past 10 years. Recently, after raving about the food and service, we took out of town guest for the pot roast. Well, the menu has changed completely to the point we will probably not return. With that said the items we settled for were very good. Additionally, I had order corn chowder and never received it, again very disappointing. The server did offer to put it in a container so I could take it home.

• Visited November 2013