“Last Chance”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Breakfast on Sunday morning:
right off told they have no waffles, no waffles? It's 10am on sunday, do you have pancakes? Yes, then how can you not have waffles, batter is so similar? Waitress does not know.

Ok, 2 omelettes pick your own ingredients: absolutely no taste whatsoever in either omelette, used lots of salt and pepper, ketchip and hot sauce to jazz it up, and one of them came with Chipolte hollandaise sauce, LOL.
Home fries, cute nicely cut potatoes, no onions, no peppers, no taste at all.
Muffins: good.

Thats it, not worth the price, not worth anything. I have been there for lunch, dinner, breakfast...it won't happen again for me, it was their last chance.

1  Thank spirocarol

Reviewed June 7, 2013

when I had gone before they brought out their famous breads right when we sat down so I was excited to bring my sister there but this time we had to ask and she only gave us one small piece each.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My family decided to go out to eat tonight and my husband chose Mimi's because we haven't been in a while. No one greeted us at the door and when we were finally seated the last diner's bill was still on the table. It took quite a bit for the server to make it to our table. I ordered the fish and chips, my son ordered the chicken strips and my husband ordered couq au vin. My husband and I both ordered corn chowder. The chowder was ice cold. Yuck. Dinner was worse. My husband said, "this food makes Morrison's Cafe seem gourmet." We hardly ate anything. Oh, and our son's chicken was burnt to a crisp. It took forever to get our check and waited another 17 minutes for our server to come pick it up. We have decided that we will not go back. We used to really enjoy this place and it has really gone down hill.

1  Thank Lisalyn195
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Tried this place again after a long break, and now I remember why we quit coming. I knew we made a mistake the second we walked in, I could see empty tables, but we had to wait while they cleaned off our table. When we were seated, the previous diners check was still on the table, not a big thing, but a pet peace none the less. Apparently there is no complimentary bread anymore, then our soup came out cold. Sent it back, and it was brought back a minute later just a couple of degrees warmer. My Couq au Vin was the most dried out chicken I have ever seen, served with some thin rubbery sticks being passed off as green beans, all cover in what resembled old motor oil with some mushrooms in it. Our sons chicken sticks looked like the fries that get left in the Grier for weeks at a time, and my wife's fish looked worse than what you get out of a Gordon's box. Needless to say we will not be back!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I told the folks to choose where they wanted to eat. Mom said Mimi's! I had never heard of it, she said it was French, I said "it's mother's day, whatever you want." Reservations were made early in the week for 1 PM (oops, we arrived at 1:05) but to the delight of the two octogenarians, we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival...and this place was P-A-C-K-E-D! Ok, there's always something to complain about, but wow, I have to say, based on the sheer volume of customers, they did a pretty good job. The waiter (Brandon) was very attentive if not just downright compassionate (octogenarians remember)...While the "house margaritas" were flat out disgusting (sent them back), the cherry mojito and the cosmo were both reasonably well prepared. (it's not a bar after all). Mom had the petite filet, cooked medium, and it was good, a bit on the tough side for a filet but good nonetheless. Dad had the crabcake appetizer (he dosen't eat much) and he said they were good. I had the Roasted Chicken Crepes...I have to say they were pretty tasty.

The downside to the whole experience was the overwhelming number of people that they were trying to serve. We placed our order at 1:20 PM, it arrived at our table at 2:15 PM.

All of this said, it was actually pretty good, considering. I will try it again when it's not a "special occasion" just to make sure. This day, it was busy, loud and full of people trying to do thier jobs the best they could.

It reminded me of a high end "Bob Evans" with much better food...just the time it took to get served irked me a bit.

All in all - a good experience, reasonalbly priced for the taste of the food, and I'd say yes, at least try it.